Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome to the Official Del Amitri Bulletin Board!

Please register and email the webmaster with any questions!

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23
Rufus Wainwright (Read 313578 times)
Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Re: Rufus Wainwright
Reply #285 - 11/02/07 at 03:49:29

David wrote on 11/01/07 at 14:25:19:
How big is everyone's metaphorical thingy?

Well heres mine-I find it very funny that seeing as I'm 6ft 8 tall Paul still thinks I have small man syndrome..

IP Logged

king Arthur
Ex Member

Reply #286 - 11/02/07 at 04:40:36

Funny way to treat your wife.

IP Logged

ChrissieA
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Can't imagine life without
Del Amitri in it!

Colchester, England
Reply #287 - 11/02/07 at 05:02:05

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

I'm a woman with nothing to do....

IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Reply #288 - 11/02/07 at 05:03:03

Send him our love Cris Smiley

IP Logged

king Arthur
Ex Member

Reply #289 - 11/02/07 at 05:45:53

Aw that is actually quite sweet! Smiley

IP Logged

janea
Funny Way To Win (500+)

From this side of the
morning I couldn't care
less

No Better Location
Reply #290 - 11/02/07 at 06:10:58

You look lovely Chrissie.

WWW | MSN  
IP Logged

Gerry
A Grimace Not A Smile (100+)

Glasgow
Reply #291 - 11/02/07 at 06:17:36

Tell you what, I just read this thread for the first time there...well since Chrissie won her audition and I have to say I laughed like a drain.

Funny as crappity smack, thanks for that Gent's, I crappity smacken love having a right good laugh like that.

Oh, and just to stay on thread...well done Chrissie, glad your dream came true for you.

Just one thing though, did you try and turn him back from the dark side?? Did ya?? 

Bet ye did.  No doubt if we got to see the photo after that one it would be of you rugby tackling him back into the changing room trying to get the leg over.

'some days are break through, some days are break down.........

IP Logged

David
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Wilfully wobbling through
life

Reply #292 - 11/02/07 at 08:41:52

That is one huge metaphorical thingy. 

I didn't realise you were that tall.  You are exactly 1' taller than me.

IP Logged

Cristina
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Dels fan from Spain

Reply #293 - 11/02/07 at 09:08:39

Beautiful photo Chrissie!!! You both look lovely!
Looking forward to seeing him on Sunday!

IP Logged

the last to know
Funny Way To Win (500+)

"Oh bollicking damn &
jumbo buggers!"

a mountain backwater in NC
Reply #294 - 11/02/07 at 09:25:07

David wrote on 11/02/07 at 08:41:52:
That is one huge metaphorical thingy.  

I didn't realise you were that tall.  You are exactly 1' taller than me.

Grin

You referring to Joe or Rufus?

Lovely picture, Chrissie!  Am terrifically pleased for you (we won't speak of the jealousy  Wink) !

"People are rarely strange and mostly dull but sometimes they worm away at you like a fascinating doubt."

IP Logged

ChrissieA
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Del Amitri in it!

Colchester, England
Reply #295 - 11/02/07 at 15:33:20

That was one of the most fantastic days I've ever had!  It all feels a bit surreal now.

I arrived at the theatre for my soundcheck (!!) at 4:15 and the band had just arrived from London so everything was running late.  They put me into the hospitality room (basically just a room upstairs in the theatre with loads of food in it - a kitchen next door with a chef and a team of catering staff). I walked into the room to find Matt Johnson and Jeff Hill sitting eating and sat down and had a cup of tea with them!!

Over the next half hour various members of the band (not Rufus though) wandered in and out grabbing plates of food and said hi to me.  They all went off to do their soundcheck and I was left on my own for about 10/15 minutes (although the chef came and chatted with me for a while) before they came to get me for my soundcheck.

Gerry, the musical director, showed me where I had to stand and gave me a tambourine to hold and then told me he would signal me to swop that over for the microphone.  At that point I had to move to the front of the stage to do my bit.  They just did a quick run through of the last part of the song so I could practice with the mike.  I did it a bit too fast and Gerry said just to take it easy and slow it all down by about a third.  I didn't get another practice though!  Then that was it and I said bye until it was time for the show.

I was given a set list and a timing schedule and told that someone would come and get me from the audience between 2 songs (at about 9:00pm).  Gerry said if it got half way through 'Leaving For Paris' and no-one had come for me to panic! Great...thanks for that joke Gerry.  Roll Eyes

Anyway, after the soundcheck I was feeling ok but as I waited for the start of the show my nerves starting kicking in.  I tried to relax and enjoy the show and sort of managed to until it got near the time to go backstage.  Nobody came!!  Leaving For Paris was a couple of minutes in and I was starting to panic - then I spotted a security guy peering over from the side door so I just grabbed my bag and made my way backstage.

Ok - got the fairy wings on - got the butterfly sparkly thing on my wrist and I'm waiting in the wings for my cue.  I decided there and then that I was going to enjoy it and stuff nerves!! I heard Rufus say my name and I was on!!!!

It was fantastic.  I just started dancing as soon as the song started and kept looking over at Rufus and he was smiling back at me every time. 2 of the guys from the horn section came over to dance with me and that felt amazing - I felt like I was in the band!  The feeling washing over the stage was just total happiness, joy, love...whatever you want to call it.  You could just feel all these great vibes - what a high it was.

It came to my spoken bit and I swapped the tambourine for the mike and somehow I just went into this other level where I felt confident and happy and very much 'a performer'.  I fluffed the second line (I said city instead of town) but recovered pretty quickly and got to the end without any further thingy ups!  Rufus kept looking at me and smiling - it was really like a dream coming true...a wonderful, totally encompassing feeling of joy.  He kissed me on both cheeks and then we all exited stage left.  It was the interval and I was about a mile high off the ground with excitement.

Everyone was congratulating me and saying lovely things.  People were coming up to me during the interval and saying how much they'd enjoyed it.  A girl from my course was there and came to congratulate me and said how shocked she was when she recognised me on stage.

At the end of the show people were still coming up to me and one couple said they thought I had done it better than Frances de la Tour!!

....end of part one....

IP Logged

Rosey
Not Where It's At (50+)

Scotland
Reply #296 - 11/02/07 at 17:21:45

oooh, that sounds fabulous!

IP Logged

ChrissieA
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Del Amitri in it!

Colchester, England
Reply #297 - 11/03/07 at 01:45:36

Sorry, I'm still flying high on my Rufus trip!!...it's going to be a few days before I come back to the arms of Deldom so please bear with me...

A pic that someone in the audience took of me...

And if you want to see the whole thing check out Youtube.

Chrissie performing with Rufus!

IP Logged

Hilary
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Virginia, USA
Reply #298 - 11/03/07 at 03:04:31

Grin Grin Grin

That's fantastic Chrissie!

Although I think he kept looking over at you just to check where you were - you did keep creeping closer and closer.   Wink

H

IP Logged

mo-mac
A Grimace Not A Smile (100+)

Glasgow
Reply #299 - 11/03/07 at 03:14:36

Brilliant Chrissie!
Lucky you - and I think the two of you look great in the photo too Wink

the sound of the surf makes strange things happen to me&&

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23