Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome to the Official Del Amitri Bulletin Board!

If you've lost your password, click on "login" and then "forgot password."

Pages: 1 2 3 
The 2007 Del Board Awards - Voting Results (Read 33536 times)
the last to know
Funny Way To Win (500+)

"Oh bollicking damn &
jumbo buggers!"

a mountain backwater in NC
The 2007 Del Board Awards - Voting Results
12/15/07 at 10:35:15

Sorry for the delay in posting the results (scant as they are); I was waiting to see if a promised ballot was going to make it in.

We did hit 10, though the 10th voter was ungracious and seemed to think that adding “xx” to their PM undid the “damn crappity smacking vote” it started with.  Nevertheless, onward, with a bongo flourish echoing through the nearly empty hall:

Best Post on www.delamitri.com:  a three-way tie:  KansaKarl’s “Ever Heard the Expression ‘Dumb Waiter’?” – Hayley’s “Dear Joe I’ve got your password” – David’s “I am incredibly intelligent and better than you”

Dullest Thread on www.delamitri.com:  Few specific threads were mentioned; most of the votes said “anything by/about ____.”  Sharing this award are Anything About Dreams/Rufus and Anything To Do With Football.

Best MySpace Blog:  Sometimes specific blogs were mentioned, sometimes the blogger.  Rory the definite champ here; the favorite blog was “No Man Is an Island – Unless His Name is Mr. Madagascar.”

Best Singing at a JC Gig (besides Justin’s):  Unpopular as these categories were, they didn’t get ignored as much as expected.  Justin stubbornly got two votes, tying with Joe.

Best Dancing at a JC Gig (besides Justin’s):  Good lord, this was me.  Honorable mention goes to Brady’s brother, who danced (very well, apparently) with at least two of the Del belles.

Best Poster on www.delamitri.com:   Rory, by a nose.  Tying for second place were Joe and David.

Gone But Not Forgotten (Most Missed):  No contest.  The worryingly long away Biddie.

The Dangerman Special Award (Biggest Irritant):  Good Joe seems to have kept Evil Joe in check enough that no votes for him were cast in this category.  They were well scattered—but Burke and Clinton Hammond took two votes each.  As neither of them are here to claim their virtual statue, it remains on the shelf till next year.

Stalker of the Year:  Chrissie lost out this time to the North American team tourers, Sonja and me.   Grin  Having been officially sanctioned by Justin, however, we are not the least bit embarrassed.

And so we are come to the board sovereigns:

King of the Board:  The consensus here was muddled.  Joe takes the crown again, but just barely.  He was closely hounded by David, Mitch and Rory.

Queen of the Board:  Joe’s chosen consort this year is the clear winner and lovely Chrissie.

But I have to say I quite enjoyed one voter's notion of Rory and Joe as King and Queen, respectively.

Thanks much to everyone who participated, willingly or not.  I had fun, anyway.  Just sorry more people didn't take part.

"People are rarely strange and mostly dull but sometimes they worm away at you like a fascinating doubt."

IP Logged

Tintagel
Funny Way To Win (500+)

lousy for del

West coast of Canada
Re: The 2007 Del Board Awards - Voting Results
Reply #1 - 12/15/07 at 10:38:06

So when is the sex broadcast?  Grin Grin Grin

maybe I'll be always laughing

IP Logged

Rosemary
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Reply #2 - 12/15/07 at 11:40:17

Just didn't want to provide another excuse for me to be the official scapegoat for whatever is bad on this board so take it in the tongue in cheek way it was intended. Or were you being ironic considering the vicious nature of 2 out of the 3 top posts of the year?

Congrats to the winners! Here's hoping we dont have to be put throough this again next year. Wink

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...

IP Logged

ChrissieA
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Can't imagine life without
Del Amitri in it!

Colchester, England
Reply #3 - 12/15/07 at 12:08:09

Wow!  Thanks guys!  

A second win for me - maybe I should seriously think about going in for X Factor or something and make it 3 in a row!!!  Roll Eyes

Tintagel wrote on 12/15/07 at 10:38:06:
So when is the sex broadcast?  Grin Grin Grin

I've got a video function on my camera so we'll have it on Youtube in no time......!  Wink   Grin

I'm a woman with nothing to do....

IP Logged

SALVADOR Q MITCH
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Lose.  Wait.  Now.  Ask
me how.

In the Wuurrld
Reply #4 - 12/15/07 at 15:09:13

D'you know what?  I feel like King of the World at the moment!!

PROJECT DELFAN 2007 - OUR ART IS NOW BUILT!&&&&

IP Logged

Rosemary
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Reply #5 - 12/15/07 at 15:16:26

You are!

IP Logged

SALVADOR Q MITCH
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Lose.  Wait.  Now.  Ask
me how.

In the Wuurrld
Reply #6 - 12/15/07 at 15:25:52

Awww...that simple response brought a tear to my eye!  Then again, it may be the tiredness or the £50 bottle of plonk I am drinking on my lonesome.....!

PROJECT DELFAN 2007 - OUR ART IS NOW BUILT!&&&&

IP Logged

the last to know
Funny Way To Win (500+)

"Oh bollicking damn &
jumbo buggers!"

a mountain backwater in NC
Reply #7 - 12/15/07 at 20:32:22

Rosemary wrote on 12/15/07 at 11:40:17:
Just didn't want to provide another excuse for me to be the official scapegoat for whatever is bad on this board so take it in the tongue in cheek way it was intended.

Oh, tongue in cheek.  Give me a break.  Yes, after you'd made it clear earlier that you weren't intending to vote at all.  Nobody insisted that you vote except yourself.

Your assertion that if you didn't, you'd be made a scapegoat says to me that you need to get over yourself.  Just a bit.   Grin

"People are rarely strange and mostly dull but sometimes they worm away at you like a fascinating doubt."

IP Logged

dangerman
Low Friends In High Places (250+)

I love do the Dels!  I
really really do!

Liverpool
Reply #8 - 12/16/07 at 03:24:32

I didn't even win my own frigging award?!

Ticket: £32&&New Anfield: 260m&&Rafa Benitez: Priceless&&&&For everything else there's Tom and George&&&&&&&&www.myspace.com/dannyhop
IP Logged

Rosemary
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Reply #9 - 12/16/07 at 05:50:30

It shows how far this board has slipped danger!

IP Logged

Rosemary
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Reply #10 - 12/16/07 at 05:54:37

Great, I'm outta here. Enjoy!the last to know wrote on 12/15/07 at 20:32:22:
Rosemary wrote on 12/15/07 at 11:40:17:
Just didn't want to provide another excuse for me to be the official scapegoat for whatever is bad on this board so take it in the tongue in cheek way it was intended.

Oh, tongue in cheek.  Give me a break.  Yes, after you'd made it clear earlier that you weren't intending to vote at all.  Nobody insisted that you vote except yourself.

Your assertion that if you didn't, you'd be made a scapegoat says to me that you need to get over yourself.  Just a bit.   Grin

IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Reply #11 - 12/16/07 at 09:25:34

I always said that the best singing at a gig was a great idea,I never even knew I was singing though to be honest so that one came as a bit of a shock...
As your king I would like to thank those who took the time to vote as after all its only a bit of fun at this time of  year,for those of you who never voted could you please remove your head from your own arse and and get a crappity smacking grip,why take your self so seriously?

I would like to dedicate my award for being named King again to Mia Grace Mitchell and thanks to Mary for doing it this year.
Cheers

HRH JJB.

IP Logged

Tintagel
Funny Way To Win (500+)

lousy for del

West coast of Canada
Reply #12 - 12/16/07 at 10:47:53

Again I am asking - when is the sex being televised?

maybe I'll be always laughing

IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Reply #13 - 12/16/07 at 10:52:03

Keep checking www.upyourtube.com

IP Logged

Tintagel
Funny Way To Win (500+)