Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome to the Official Del Amitri Bulletin Board!

If you've lost your password, click on "login" and then "forgot password."

Pages: 1 
Del Amitri UK Tour in 2014 (Read 31070 times)
Cristina
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Dels fan from Spain

Del Amitri UK Tour in 2014
09/09/13 at 01:56:21

So, in case anyone still missed the great news last week, it's true, the Dels are back and touring early next year in Dublin and UK. Here are the dates:

Jan 22nd, 2014 Vicar St, Dublin
Jan 24th, 2014 The SSE Hydro, Glasgow
Jan 26th, 2014 City Hall, Newcastle
Jan 27th, 2014 O2 Academy, Leeds
Jan 28th, 2014 Corn Exchange, Cambridge
Jan 30th, 2014 Bournemouth O2 Academy, Bournemouth
Jan 31st, 2014 Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham

Feb 1st, 2014 O2 Apollo, Manchester
Feb 2nd, 2014 Empire Theatre, Liverpool
Feb 4th, 2014 Colston Hall, Bristol
Feb 5th, 2014 New Theatre, Oxford
Feb 6th, 2014 Civic Hall, Wolverhampton
Feb 7th, 2014 Hammersmith Apollo, London

More info here, and tickets are already on sale:
http://www.delamitri.org/tour_dates

Aren't you all as happy and excited about it as me!  Smiley
I hope we can get this board more active on the next few months!

Cheers all!!

IP Logged

nickynu
Empty

I Love Del Amitri!

Re: Del Amitri UK Tour in 2014
Reply #1 - 09/09/13 at 15:27:58

Why this is bloody marvellous news, Manchester Apollo & Leeds booked.

There is a rumour that there will be some stuff off the first album played. As someone who came to them as I suppose most people did for Waking Hours, and last saw them play in York for the "Can You Do Me Good" tour a constant regret is that I've never heard the early stuff live.

Can't wait, will be at Harrogate & Salford for the solo stuff this week too. Bring it on!!!!!  Grin

IP Logged

Tracyao
Empty

I Love Del Amitri!

Reply #2 - 11/29/13 at 14:00:35

Cambridge, Manchester and Wolverhampton for me  Smiley Grin

IP Logged

Cristina
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Dels fan from Spain

Reply #3 - 12/07/13 at 05:13:26

Hi!!!
I'm going to quite a few (can't tell you how many but a lot!)!!! Considering that I was never able to see the band live I've got a lot to cath up on!!!!  Cheesy

Ooh, it's all so exciting!!!! I'll just say for now that my first one will be the last date added and the first concert of the tour:

Jan 21st, 2014 Cypress Avenue, Cork

IP Logged

12stringbassist
Empty

at the DEEP end....

Bolton UK
Reply #4 - 12/08/13 at 04:33:46

Manchester!

The ticket prices are reassuringly expensive...

Time to tour, lads........
IP Logged

Paul Hayes
Empty

Norwich
Reply #5 - 01/14/14 at 11:34:16

I shall be going to the Dublin gig next week. I can't wait!

IP Logged

Cristina
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Dels fan from Spain

Reply #6 - 01/16/14 at 04:22:55

Rehearsals going on in Glasgow, it's going to be so great!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPZ1PO2iQpw&feature=youtu.be

IP Logged

Paul Hayes
Empty

Norwich
Reply #7 - 01/23/14 at 09:17:23

Superb night in Dublin! Really enjoyed myself... I just hope it's not another 12 years before I get to see them again!

I've put a gallery of my photos from the gig up, if anyone's interested...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10201329647231750.1073741832.149023301...

Hope to have the link to my interview with Justin available soon, too.

IP Logged

Cristina
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Dels fan from Spain

Reply #8 - 01/23/14 at 17:56:06

Hi everybody!
I was really lucky to be at Cork and Dublin for the first shows of the tour. As Paul says on the previous post, they were great!!! In my case, it was my first time seing the band live and they exceeded all my expectations, such power and brilliant performances from the first second! They sound so good live!! So I've been having a great time at the shows and now it's just time to wait for the big gig at the Hydro in Glasgow!

Keep posting some comments, fans out there!

Here a couple of pics from Cork:

IP Logged

Paul Hayes
Empty

Norwich
Reply #9 - 01/24/14 at 12:04:31

Great photos Cristina, much better than my efforts!

I had an amazing time in Dublin, and was very lucky to be given the opportunity to record an interview with Justin before the gig (I work for a radio station). I'd interviewed him once before, but that had been down-the-line from another studio when he was promoting his solo album last year, so I was very nervous about actually meeting him in person!

As he's a witty and clever Glaswegian and I'm just some random weedy bloke from the south of England I was a bit worried he'd just think I was a complete knob. Which he may well have done, of course, but he gave a very nice interview and even answered my very silly question about which he'd choose out of Smokie's "Always the Last to Know" and Manfred Mann's "Nothing Ever Happens"... (he went for Smokie!)

The gig was a blast, I thought it would be a bit odd at those cafe-style tables, but aside from being so close to the front I got a bit of a crick in my neck, it was fabulous. So many old favourites, performed with such enthusiasm and energy...

I did feel sorry for Justin with all the problems he kept having with his bass, but he dealt with it very well. I think all the crowd got a bit of a laugh when Iain's acoustic guitar started giving up the ghost string-wise during "Just Before You Leave" near the end, too!

It was interesting that Kris and Iain were each given a verse to sing on "Drunk in a Band" as well - usually you just associate the vocal sound of Del Amitri purely with Justin, so strange to see others singing lead, even if only briefly! I don't remember if this happened on the last tour back in 2002 - mind you, I can't even remember off the top of my head if they did "Drunk in a Band", but as it was on the new album at the time I would have thought so...

Anyway, thanks to all the band, and also to Quinner for looking after me when I was waiting to do the interview. I'll post a link to it when it's gone out on Sunday.

IP Logged

Paul Hayes
Empty

Norwich
Reply #10 - 01/26/14 at 15:05:56

Here's the interview I was lucky enough to record with Justin on Wednesday: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01qjfck

IP Logged

Cristina
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Dels fan from Spain

Reply #11 - 01/27/14 at 14:58:21

Great interview, Paul, thanks for sharing! I like the first question and how Justin feels about getting together like "we're floating between the present and the past"... I hope you have a fab time in Cambridge!!!

The Hydro gig in Glasgow was amazing, with all the audience standing up since the first chords of "Always the Last to Know" started! They had a guest musician, Aidan O'Rourke on fiddle who played in "Hammering heart" and "This side of the morning". Great atmosphere and good playing... There are a few clips around Youtube:

Driving with the Brakes on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naxOuzdR0no

Food for songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-xcDa7m5Rc (a brilliant acoustic arrangement, enhanced from Justin's last solo tour version).

And more to come next week for me!  Cheesy Wink

IP Logged

BobM
Empty

I Love Del Amitri!

Reply #12 - 01/28/14 at 14:51:24

Yep they played Drunk In A Band in Liverpool in 2002 - notable for the synth solo failing completely. Iain's string snapped right at the start of Here and Now. Fine Beatles cover 'I Should've Known Better' had the tour manager on harmonica duties.

IP Logged

Paul Hayes
Empty

Norwich
Reply #13 - 01/29/14 at 12:46:13

Thanks for the info Bob, and glad you liked the interview Cristina!

IP Logged

nickynu
Empty

I Love Del Amitri!

Reply #14 - 01/29/14 at 15:15:07

Absolutely loving the tour and the gigs Ive been to so far.

The band actually look like they are enjoying it too. Maybe you just forget with time but could it be that they are actually even better and more powerful than they were before?

I hope there is more, more tours, more albums after the live one is released, more everything. They had better bloody well not stop now.

Its very different but hearing Hammering Heart live is something I never thought would happen. Its kind of mindblowing

IP Logged

Paul Hayes
Empty

Norwich
Reply #15 - 01/30/14 at 02:21:50

Sorry, I must have missed this - are you saying there's going to be a live album made from one of the gigs on this tour, Nicky?

IP Logged

Cristina
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Dels fan from Spain

Reply #16 - 01/30/14 at 03:33:48

Hi Nickynu, and Paul,
yeah, news from last week, just when the tour was starting, there'll be a live album of the tour: http://www.delamitri.org/news

And, yeah, Hammering Heart is way too fabulous!!! A great live updated version!!!

IP Logged

Paul Hayes
Empty

Norwich
Reply #17 - 01/30/14 at 12:24:39

Ah, thanks Cristina - I'd managed to miss that! I must check the news page more often!

Mind you, it's an odd (but of course pleasant) idea that there actually is Del Amitri news to look out for again. Hard to get back into the habit of looking for it again after all this time!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
(Moderator: webmaster)