Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome to the Official Del Amitri Bulletin Board!

If you've lost your password, click on "login" and then "forgot password."

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Old Times.. (Read 11463 times)
Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Old Times..
04/27/12 at 02:49:20

I used to love coming on here, every day I would log in to see what the latest news was etc with the band, if Justy sang DWTBO at Bristol Uni or if Kris Dollimore wore a different suit at The Croydon Fairfield’s Halls or if Mark Price sang “ Yellow Submarine at the Guilford town hall etc.

Then there was the posters, thin lizzy, mental Chrissie, funny accent hayley, fat baldie paul, Ginny stalker hughes, Caroline the Will Young  fan,  David ” Seriousness” from Falkirk  -  Rory wannbe rock star Howie, Rosemary the crazy yank ,  Jane the number one fan Armstrong , Hilary the scientist – the  list is endless!

Then there was the banter, oh the banter.  Many a great post, many a great tale, the excitement of  the new record “Can you do me good” then we heard the record.

And then the band split up. The fans stopped coming here and slowly day by day the numbers dwindled and this once great board died a sad and lonely death, a bit like Justin’s solo career.

But Alison the web mistress never once thought about closing down the site, never once did it cross her mind to stop paying for the monthly bandwidth cost as she hoped that one day the mighty Del Amitri will regroup and the people from Charlottesville , Wallsend, Bristol, Colchester and Michigan  will once again  frequent this board again.

So my fellow Del fans, share your stories here once more, breath life back into this dead carcasse of a website and who knows it might spring back ito the life it once had.  I doubt it, But you never know.

IP Logged

ChrissieA
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Can't imagine life without
Del Amitri in it!

Colchester, England
Re: Old Times..
Reply #1 - 04/29/12 at 11:46:21

I almost had a tear in me eye there...almost, you big wind-up merchant, except you called me mental!!  Tongue

I'd love the board to come back to life as well. Much as I love Facebook it's not quite the same as a message board where you get the banter and the chance to chat about gigs and songs and Justin's hair!!  Smiley

I'm sure we can breathe some life back into the place now the tour's almost upon us. I'm all for it.  Smiley Smiley

I'm a woman with nothing to do....

IP Logged

Cristina
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Dels fan from Spain

Reply #2 - 05/08/12 at 05:03:35

I'm still quite astonished to see that it had to be Joe who tried to bring the board back to life! Thanks for it!
I also used to love to come here on a daily basis and see what personal stories people shared and what news about the band or Justin we would discover...
So, as Chrissie said, I'm also all for it! Though I can't see where the rest of the lot are... So come on, Del fans, come back and join again the Lonely Del Amitri Bulletin Board!!
By the way, who is going to any of Justin's new shows? Please, share your comments, videos or photos here, as we used to do!

Cris

PS: Keeping my fingers crossed for more reactions! ;o)

IP Logged

hayley
Funny Way To Win (500+)

North East England
Reply #3 - 05/30/12 at 23:43:17

How's the resurrection thing working out Joseph?  Wink

With 4 days to go there were still more than 200 tickets available for Justin's gig in Gateshead on Saturday. At this rate the venue will be filled by me, my boss, his girlfriend & some embarrassed coughing.

Sometimes the grass is greener, you just have to figure out if it's because the other field is full of shit.

IP Logged

hayley
Funny Way To Win (500+)

North East England
Reply #4 - 06/05/12 at 14:49:11

Correction: The website was wrong and the venue was almost full on Saturday.

Still dodging nothing but tumbleweed in here though.

*stares*

*wanders back to twitter*

Sometimes the grass is greener, you just have to figure out if it's because the other field is full of shit.

IP Logged

Cristina
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Dels fan from Spain

Reply #5 - 06/06/12 at 03:50:34

Hayley!!
Tell us how was the concert!!! Shocked)

IP Logged

harry
Empty

I Love Del Amitri!

Reply #6 - 06/12/12 at 12:23:48

let's bring this baby back!!!!

IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Reply #7 - 06/13/12 at 08:33:52

Yes Harry let's!

I never went to the London JC gig as I was washing my hair that night but I know the mad geordie woman did.

IP Logged

irnbru
Empty

I love the Dels!

Reply #8 - 02/09/13 at 01:55:12

Does this old thing still work *cough* dust goes everywhere *cough*....  Wink

IP Logged

Cristina
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Dels fan from Spain

Reply #9 - 02/19/13 at 02:03:01

Hello!!! Anybody, come on, Justin's now on tour and nobody talks about it (here)...

IP Logged

ChrissieA
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Del Amitri in it!

Colchester, England
Reply #10 - 03/03/13 at 07:40:46

I couldn't get to any of the gigs this tour but I'm loving seeing all the videos on YouTube.

OMG - and he did Drowned on Dry Land!!! *jealous* *emotional* *happy to see it*....all at the same time
Smiley

IP Logged

RaymondComesAround
Empty

When did del Amitri become
Del Amitri?

Wye Valley
Reply #11 - 09/20/13 at 11:18:43

There were good numbers to see him in Cardiff last night and I tried to get tickets for Bristol performance for tonight ages ago, but it was sold out. Maybe the new album promo is working.
I've got to say there were a lot of oldies there (myself included), but at least I went to hear his solo work, not just turn up to to sing along with Nothing Ever Happens.
My 15yo son saw him live for the first time and he was blown away. I wish people could appreciate what a talent he is right now, not just hark back to the past all the time. What he did back then was good, but now it's brilliant. Cheesy

IP Logged

Cristina
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Dels fan from Spain

Reply #12 - 09/22/13 at 02:33:46

I agree Raymond, the new record sounds so good live!!! I loved the shows, and it amazes me still to listen to him singing so beautifully live. I hope he keeps doing his solo stuff after the Dels reunion next year. But I also enjoyed to sing along to the old tunes...  Wink

IP Logged

nickynu
Empty

I Love Del Amitri!

Reply #13 - 09/22/13 at 08:53:27

Yes the solo shows have been superb, Justin has been on excellent form. I always think he is more chilled when he has Stuart on stage with him.

I dunno I've probably heard him sing Jimmy Blue 2 dozen times over the years, but Salford this tour was one of the best ever. Im not a fan of the production of Lower Reaches, although I'm ashamed to say it, but when you hear those same songs stripped back live(mostly without drum machine), they are stunning stunning efforts. Love them

Who has tickets for Jan/Feb already? I have Leeds and Manchester, and I'm considering Nottingham too.

IP Logged

ChrissieA
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Del Amitri in it!

Colchester, England
Reply #14 - 11/20/13 at 14:24:57

Hello board! How YOU doing?  Smiley

Del Amitri on tour...well, who'd have thought it?!!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
(Moderator: webmaster)