Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome to the Official Del Amitri Bulletin Board!

Please register and email the webmaster with any questions!

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Tell her this (Read 3928 times)
Anguille
Empty

I Love Del Amitri!

Tell her this
07/28/10 at 08:31:28

Got me...again...listened to this just now and started to cry...again...

This is probably the only song that makes me cry (really cry with heartache) everytime i hear it.

In 1995, i was madly deeply in love with this amazing girl until she left me...i was still seeing her and was hoping for months that i could win her back..."Tell her" ...i was just hoping that someone would tell her what a mistake she had been done by leaving me. Unfortunately noone did. That song (even if i identified to most of Del Amitri's song of misery back then like "Always the last to know") was the one i could identify the most and i cried many hours listening to it.

It's been almost 15 years now, i love my wife (been together for 7 years now) a lot but this one girl back then broke my heart forever and Justin sang exactly what i was feeling.

So Justin...thanks for making me feel miserable and cry over and over again!

Someone else?

IP Logged

David
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Wilfully wobbling through
life

Re: Tell her this
Reply #1 - 07/31/10 at 07:39:09

Another of the catalogue of emotional wrecks that Justin attracts. That's not meant as an insult, just a reality of what many of us are like.

IP Logged

Anguille
Empty

I Love Del Amitri!

Reply #2 - 08/02/10 at 00:36:09

David wrote on 07/31/10 at 07:39:09:
Another of the catalogue of emotional wrecks that Justin attracts. That's not meant as an insult, just a reality of what many of us are like.

Actually, i think that Del Amitri is one of the very few bands where the lyrics express the feelings/emotions of guys. The usual attitude, as the Cure said, is that Boys shouldn't cry but indeed we do, most of us guys...usually in private. I don't think we are more emotional wrecks than any other guys but we just found in Del Amitri a true expression of what we, boys, feel too. Thus we are more open to express it too while other guys will keep it for themselves..."na, i don't have emotions!". Emotions is not the prerogative of Ladies...

IP Logged

David
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Wilfully wobbling through
life

Reply #3 - 08/02/10 at 14:40:49

I'm pretty sure we're all emotional wrecks, but there's no shame in that. And you're right, Justin is very good at writing about male emotions. I even wrote about it on my blog:

http://blog.dftaylor.co.uk/2010/05/11/artists-i-love-justin-currie/

Quote:
If you want someone who writes about the emotional travails of being a male, he nails it. Confusion, doubt, anger, desire, loneliness and faithlessness are all prominent themes. And his voice goes places that barely anyone else can manage.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
(Moderator: webmaster)