Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome to the Official Del Amitri Bulletin Board!

Please register and email the webmaster with any questions!

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
New member (Read 8899 times)
notwhereitsat
Empty

Can YOU do me good?

London/Essex, UK
05/29/10 at 03:48:58

Greetings all... I've been meaning to sign up for a long time now...

I've been a fan of Del and Justin since about 2001 when I took a chance on the best of based on the name alone, and I was hooked.

Sadly I missed the can you do me good tour, and even worse I missed justin's first solo tour.

Fortunately I managed to get to the Wolvo gig the other night; drove up from Devon and back in the same night which was a killer but totally worth it!!

Anyway, hello to all

Dan

WWW | MSN  
IP Logged

Cristina
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Dels fan from Spain

Re: New member
Reply #1 - 06/10/10 at 06:05:43

Hi Dan!!
Oooh, seems like this place is nearly abandoned... what a pity! Anyway, welcome on board!!!

IP Logged

ChrissieA
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Can't imagine life without
Del Amitri in it!

Colchester, England
Reply #2 - 08/25/10 at 04:55:03

Belated hello to the board Dan.

Thought I'd come out of lurkdom/Facebook addiction while I'm on my hols and give the board a poke!  Smiley

I'm a woman with nothing to do....

IP Logged

MarieGee
Empty

I Love Del Amitri!

Reply #3 - 10/28/10 at 11:55:21

I joined the board about a year ago hoping to find some people to share my love of JC/Del music with only to be called a sycophant by some doofus...sniff.   Cry  My first foray into chat groups too...more of a lurker me.

But this is THE place if you want to find interesting JC tidbits and keep your finger on the pulse of what, if anything, is going on.  Those of us who do like Justin Currie (sycophants or not), like him a lot, that's for sure, and many people here do a great job helping others get their occasional fix.  I couldn't watch the BBC Songwriter's Circle material being over in Canada, but some generous soul put everything on YouTube...Many thanks for that!

I took a little roadtrip with my hubby down to Boston back in June and caught my first JC live show, which was fantastic to see although he seemed somewhat downcast that day.

So even though it's quiet on this chat board, it's still worth coming here once in a while, if only to be told off by someone who thinks they're smarter than you.   Wink

So welcome and enjoy!

IP Logged

ChrissieA
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Can't imagine life without
Del Amitri in it!

Colchester, England
Reply #4 - 10/30/10 at 14:43:42

Hey Marie, glad you're still hanging on in here.  Smiley

The board used to be very active and vibrant (in different ways!) years ago and some of us still show our faces from time to time.

We've always had a mixture of strong characters on here and sometimes it gets a bit heated and confrontational but at least it's not dull!

It's always hard when you come out of lurkdom and it's a pity that this board is deathly quiet at the moment. Quite a few of us are on Facebook (of course  Roll Eyes) but it would be great if this place came to life again!

I'm a woman with nothing to do....

IP Logged

MarieGee
Empty

I Love Del Amitri!

Reply #5 - 11/01/10 at 14:07:59

Chrissie

You are sweet!  Thanks.  Reading your tagline, one might think that it's a pretty strong statement to say you couldn't imagine life without Del Amitri but I joined this chat board for just such a reason.  I've always had an addictive personality when it comes to music and sometimes I'll be hooked on just one artist for months.  But after about 30 years of various musical flings and some serious long term relationships, I have to say that Del Amitri/Justin Currie is simply my favourite...and I've been listening to his music for 20 years now.  Mind-boggling actually, if I really think about it.  And I spend a lot of time and emotional energy listening to music!  Keeping company with music that I can really relate to, and that I can grow with, is SO precious to me that I view music as one my most important life companions.  I think there are some people on this board that can probably relate, I imagine you do, and that's why I come here once in a while.

I have always wanted to visit Scotland (the UK in general but I've dreamed of wandering the highlands) and I keep fantasizing that one day I'll get to do that and perhaps catch a JC performance in Glasgow.  Has anyone ever considered a Del Amitri convention?  Nerdy, eh?  But it's lonely being a Dels fan around here.  Luckily my husband is TOTALLY on board so I'm not entirely alone.   Smiley

Anyway, just sharing my thoughts.

IP Logged

Cristina
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Dels fan from Spain

Reply #6 - 11/05/10 at 04:22:28

Hi Marie!
I agree completely with what you say, just feeling the same about music and the Dels!! That's why it's nice to stop around here to share our thoughts from time to time... And I've been lucky to meet such lovely people from the Board in the shows!!
And about the "convention", I'm not sure that it would work, but anyway a lot of us get to see each other from time to time at Justin's gigs (specially in Glasgow and London)... So you have a great opportunity to do so in January next year!!!  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
(Moderator: webmaster)