Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome to the Official Del Amitri Bulletin Board!

Please register and email the webmaster with any questions!

Pages: 1 2 
New Songs On FACEBOOK (Read 13597 times)
Cristina
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Dels fan from Spain

Re: New Songs On FACEBOOK
Reply #15 - 01/12/10 at 13:58:43

Well done, Ginny!!

IP Logged

Ginny
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Reply #16 - 01/12/10 at 14:03:42

Thanks!

Just googled it though,also found some JC page about how he should be selling much more albums than James Blunt.

At least is not just us five rooting for him  Wink

I try,try,try......&&&&&& http://www.myspace.com/delgin  &&

IP Logged

Jon L.
Empty

I Love Del Amitri!

Detroit, MI USA
Reply #17 - 01/12/10 at 14:25:09

OK, I found the player in the bottom right.  Guess I need to try harder next time!  Thanks.

IP Logged

ChrissieA
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Can't imagine life without
Del Amitri in it!

Colchester, England
Reply #18 - 01/12/10 at 14:27:49

I'm sure there's another couple or so out there!!!  Grin

Maybe if some of the new songs are a bit more 'Del sounding' it might bring out the Del Amitri faithful thousands?

I'm loving the fact that there's more happening this time and Justin's getting online things buzzing.  Smiley Smiley

I'm a woman with nothing to do....

IP Logged

sggardner
Empty

'The Weekendiest of Weekends:
DelFest 98'

southern Middle Earth
Reply #19 - 01/12/10 at 21:22:01

I am just so pleased to hear these new tunes - a bit less of the grimness that tinted the last solo album!

'I don't have my finger on the pulse of my generation. &&I just got my hand on my heart - I know no better location...'
WWW | YIM  
IP Logged

susi
Low Friends In High Places (250+)

I love the Dels!

Reply #20 - 01/13/10 at 02:56:05

I'm a "friend" now and I can listen too! You'll always walk alone is fantastic, love the other new songs too!
I think The darkness of the day is a bonus track  like What you're looking at and (especially regrettable) In my heart, the war goes on.

I think it is a top 5 star album. Smiley

IP Logged

Porl
Empty

I Love Del Amitri!

Reply #21 - 01/19/10 at 07:15:12

I've been listening to the new stuff on Justin's MySpong and I loved In my Heart, The War Goes On right away but with the rest of the stuff, I was a little...ermm..."dissapointed" is the wrong word....."Underwhelmed" also is the wrong word....The other stuff kinda snook past me without it registering as Mr. C's stuff normally does with me on first listen. I don't think this was because I thought it any poorer than the stuff from the first album. I just wasn't as "with it" as I normally am if you know what I mean, or maybe it wasn't as "with me" as normally it is.
You know the feeling you get when you accidentally turn two pages at once without noticing and your reading suddenly but subtly stops making sense? Well that's the feeling I got with this new stuff.

However have been listening to the new stuff in my car driving round I think it's "coming to me" more and more. Like I'm accquiring a taste for it. And when you think about it, The best things are accquired. Needless to say I'm looking forward to the new album.

One thing I didn't understand though was the Strawberry Fields cover. Very nice I guess but I just kept asking myself "Why?". It almost, ALMOST sounded like one of these random covers you find people posting on YouTube where the person has obviously made a good effort and can play but just hadn't quite worked the chords out right. Maybe I missed the point. I dunno.

IP Logged

David
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Wilfully wobbling through
life

Reply #22 - 01/20/10 at 05:26:38

It's a shame if In My Heart... is left off. Unless what's in place is AMAZING.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
(Moderator: webmaster)