Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome to the Official Del Amitri Bulletin Board!

If you've lost your password, click on "login" and then "forgot password."

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Let's All Promote Justin's New Album (Read 41983 times)
ChrissieA
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Can't imagine life without
Del Amitri in it!

Colchester, England
Let's All Promote Justin's New Album
01/02/10 at 07:17:40

Following on from what I was saying on the tracklisting thread...

What else can we do online to help Justy out with promoting the album?

Tell all our online friends, use any promotional artwork from the record company on our profiles, spread the word on other message boards etc etc.

Suggestions please.  Smiley

I'm a woman with nothing to do....

IP Logged

Cristina
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Dels fan from Spain

Re: Let's All Promote Justin's New Album
Reply #1 - 01/02/10 at 10:49:43

Ha, ha, Chrissie,
I think we are all pretty excited with the news about the new songs posted here (really looking forward to hear the new album!!!) BUT... shouldn't we wait a bit, at least until we have some official news about the release date, etc? Oh, it's going to be a fun 2010, I think!!!!!
Cris
ps: sorry, I really don't mean to discourage you... and I completely agree with your suggestions... so let's just be a bit more patient!!  Wink

IP Logged

susi
Low Friends In High Places (250+)

I love the Dels!

Reply #2 - 01/02/10 at 11:45:29

I help him!
He is on my website and I have posted promotion for him on two other sites.
I think I've "sold" about 100 cds for him. Smiley

IP Logged

susi

I love the Dels!

Reply #3 - 01/02/10 at 11:46:11

maybe even more ....Smiley

IP Logged

Ready To Be
Empty

I Love Del Amitri!

Reply #4 - 01/02/10 at 13:08:07

Its going to be out in April so gives us plenty of time to work on something.

One thing I thought of was pestering chris evans to play something on his new breakfast show. Remember how he rescued texas's career and I know he loves Justin, he booked the Dels to play the TFI Friday christmas party one year.

IP Logged

ChrissieA
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Can't imagine life without
Del Amitri in it!

Colchester, England
Reply #5 - 01/02/10 at 14:10:43

Smiley
April's going to come around pretty fast once we're all back at work and busy with normal stuff so it's probably good to start discussing things we can do.

The radio show with Chris Evans/other radio stations is a great idea but we obviously need the official release dates/name of single (if there's going to be one) and promotional graphics etc from Ryko which hopefully Justy will have on his MySpace nearer the time.

By the way, welcome to the board Ready To Be and thanks for your ideas!!...but what can we call you?

I'm a woman with nothing to do....

IP Logged

Ready To Be
Empty

I Love Del Amitri!

Reply #6 - 01/02/10 at 14:47:36

My friends call me "Ready"....

Does Ginny still post on this board?

IP Logged

Ginny
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Reply #7 - 01/02/10 at 16:29:17

Hey there.....how you doin?

Not on here much but had spotted the bit of news on the new album....sounds good and hopefully some decent gigs to look forward to as not particularly thrilled by The Quigley/Currie Mix or indeed the longevity of his collaboration with Ms Bedford so looking forward to something better and if it's even a little like 'waking hours or change everything' then great!

Glad your well and thanks for the news,been dead on here.

Hope you're "Ready" for your pending Birthday celebrations  Wink Enjoy!
« Last Edit: 01/03/10 at 05:05:30 by Ginny »  

I try,try,try......&&&&&& http://www.myspace.com/delgin  &&

IP Logged

the last to know
Funny Way To Win (500+)

"Oh bollicking damn &
jumbo buggers!"

a mountain backwater in NC
Reply #8 - 01/02/10 at 17:24:25

This all sounds good and I'm ready!

Hey, Gin, good to see you again.   Smiley

And a belated but big welcome, Ready!

"People are rarely strange and mostly dull but sometimes they worm away at you like a fascinating doubt."

IP Logged

Cristina
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Dels fan from Spain

Reply #9 - 01/03/10 at 05:01:50

Count on me too! I can keep forwarding information to the Spanish Del Amitri website and also post news on the Spanish message board that has been practically inactive for the last few years...

IP Logged

ryan s
Empty

I Love Del Amitri!

Canada
Reply #10 - 01/03/10 at 21:33:59

The best thing to do for promotions, is probably to get the word out to less casual Del Amitri fans that may enjoy the stuff. The converted and dedicated will probably comprise most of the units sold, as he tends to cater to deep and meaningful listeners, meaning that expecting to attract alot of the current mainstream top 40 listeners that like lightweight and generic stuff will be a challenge--ones that aren't already familiar with his past works, that is.

Now that the major label promotions (though Ryko does the best they can with their budgets) have lessened, word of mouth has to do the rest. I know that a few messageboards that I post at, there's DA and Justin fans, and perhaps if they aren't absolutely following what he's up to, they'd pick up a copy if reminded or made aware of the release.--when it comes out, of course. Had I not checked in here, I would have no idea that there was even an album on the horizon, nor would I have known about the songs at Mark Freegard's site.....

IP Logged

susi

I love the Dels!

Reply #11 - 01/04/10 at 02:49:22

I agree to this, except that I think you won't attract the mainstream top 40 listeners, at least the chances are slim - but it is possible to attract people that are listening to similar music by other artists. Actually that's what I'm trying to do all the time. Smiley
And I did not know about the two songs on Mark Freegard's site until I read it here.....

IP Logged

Cristina
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Dels fan from Spain

Reply #12 - 01/04/10 at 03:23:00

And talking about here... as it seems that most of the new information happens to appear here before anywhere else, let's see if there's any way to get more involved. I may contact Alison (I don't know if she's reading) to see her availability in terms of organizing a new section on the message board to have official news updated, etc... I really don't know if introducing news on the news section as it is now requires a bigger dedication in terms of time and if she's too busy to do so maybe any of us could hep her with it...

IP Logged

susi

I love the Dels!

Reply #13 - 01/04/10 at 08:51:43

Cristina this is a good idea.
I could maybe post a link there since I have the news in a short way at my site Smiley but it includes other artists too so it is not a Del Amitri site.
but Justin is at the main news page.
where is your spanish site?
my site or page whatever you want
SOLLE'S SITE

IP Logged

Cristina
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Dels fan from Spain

Reply #14 - 01/04/10 at 09:39:56

oh, no, Susi, it's not my site... We're mixing information... My latest post was refering to Alison's site, which is this one where we are writing now (Del Amitri.com), but the Spanish one I was refering to before is done and maintained by another guy I know (he still loves the Dels after all these years)... so he'll sure join us if we need to update info for the Spanish fans... that's all... Cris

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
(Moderator: webmaster)