Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome to the Official Del Amitri Bulletin Board!

If you've lost your password, click on "login" and then "forgot password."

Pages: 1 2 3 
Has this forum hindered the sucess of the JC CD? & (Read 39834 times)
David
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Wilfully wobbling through
life

Re: Has this forum hindered the sucess of the JC C
Reply #30 - 11/06/07 at 14:02:16

Um, GM...

Get over it.  it is not our duty to promote Justin's material.  end of story.

If he wants a bigger audience, then he needs to make a bigger effort.  i couldn't give a good goddamn if he sells 1,000 or 100,000 copies of WILF, as long as I like it I will recommend it to people.

i don't think anyone cares how long you've been into the band, but the reason people are mentioning it is because you're making out that we haven't done anything: well, we went to the gigs, posted details, reviews, photos, arranged meet-ups for people going, hyped the album on the forum when some of the "clique" had advance copies, discussed the album IN-DEPTH when it was released, signed up to his MySpace, bought the album for friends and, somewhere along the way, liked some other artists.

We were on this thing alone for so long when none of the other "fans" gave a shit that perhaps we've forgotten the bland-speak that infects the reat of PC-dom online, but really - if you don't like it, go and visit Coldplay's forum - I bet they are all just lovely.

Your point about Ryan Adams is bollocks as well - he's still not mainstream (unless you classify 30,000 sales as mainstream now).  his success had little to do with his notoriously obsessive and creepy fanbase, more that he was on a lot of tv shows and has finally started having some good sales.  After 9 albums.  Wow, his fans sure did a great job.

It makes no sense anyway - Biffy Clyro have a particularly unfriendly and sulky fanbase yet they have increased in size, year on year...  might it be because 1) they tour constantly, 2) they release records regularly and c) they cultivate their fanbase by, heaven forbid, involving them and engaging with them.

Yes, you're right, it's us who are stopping Justin from achieving success.

IP Logged

the last to know
Funny Way To Win (500+)

"Oh bollicking damn &
jumbo buggers!"

a mountain backwater in NC
Reply #31 - 11/06/07 at 15:38:00

Between this and the Spanish Inquisition -  Grin

"People are rarely strange and mostly dull but sometimes they worm away at you like a fascinating doubt."

IP Logged

hayley
Funny Way To Win (500+)

North East England
Reply #32 - 11/07/07 at 05:49:09

It's great for the artists who have eager beaver fans to promote them I'm sure.  I'll put the effort in when the wage is agreed - until then I'll stick with talking about new stuff or tour dates where I think people might be interested and leave it to the people that get paid to do it to promote the stuff professionally.  I agree with Dylan and Rory - Justin Currie owes me nothing and vice versa.  I've commented on various things on this board and the treatment of people by one or more board members but that's to do with my personal sense of propriety (and yes, I may have slipped from that myself on occasion) and not because I think I owe it to an artist to not scupper their chances of earning a bit more cash.

Sometimes the grass is greener, you just have to figure out if it's because the other field is full of shit.

IP Logged

Johnny Too Bad
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Look at ma boaby!

UK
Reply #33 - 11/07/07 at 06:16:43

hayley wrote on 11/07/07 at 05:49:09:
 I've commented on various things on this board and the treatment of people by one or more board members but that's to do with my personal sense of propriety (and yes, I may have slipped from that myself on occasion)

True

I know when I get a telling off from you I've really overstepped the mark

And I know their mothers' ages and I know all the stories so well&&And I know I'll see their faeces in Hull.
IP Logged

nigel
Low Friends In High Places (250+)

Here & Now

P'boro
Reply #34 - 11/08/07 at 02:48:20

Shouldn't someone take this thread outside by the collar, give it a biscuit, give it a kindly pat & then put a bullet through it's head?

It's what you'd do to a dog if it was suffering.

You don't get quality like this on Ryan Adams' forum i bet  Roll Eyes

....i took a chemical vacation in my head...now i'm back here at the station with a trunk of regret

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
(Moderator: webmaster)