Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome to the Official Del Amitri Bulletin Board!

Please register and email the webmaster with any questions!

Pages: 1 2 3 
Has this forum hindered the sucess of the JC CD? & (Read 28225 times)
susi
Low Friends In High Places (250+)

I love the Dels!

Re: Has this forum hindered the sucess of the JC C
Reply #15 - 11/05/07 at 05:18:43

du hast doch einen Dachschaden.

IP Logged

the last to know
Funny Way To Win (500+)

"Oh bollicking damn &
jumbo buggers!"

a mountain backwater in NC
Reply #16 - 11/05/07 at 05:23:35

"you have nevertheless a roof damage"?   Are you trying to say his head's not right?  I think we've been knowing that. 

"People are rarely strange and mostly dull but sometimes they worm away at you like a fascinating doubt."

IP Logged

susi
Low Friends In High Places (250+)

I love the Dels!

Reply #17 - 11/05/07 at 05:29:12

the last to know - you are friendly

IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Reply #18 - 11/05/07 at 05:40:27

Der Krieg für Sie suzi ist vorbei!

IP Logged

webmaster
Board Administrator

Who is Del?

Reply #19 - 11/05/07 at 09:10:55

Quote:
You could always invade Alison and try to take this board over?

Well, I *am* Jewish...

Otherwise known as Alison
IP Logged

Ginny
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Reply #20 - 11/05/07 at 14:01:36

Not gonna start quoting you GM but a lot of what you said is complete nonsense,you appear to have been waiting for a Del/JC album while us lot for the last 5 years have been coughing up dosh and going to JC Gigs in some dive somewhere supporting him and hoping he'll get on with getting some songs out officially.

It's happened,it's great,we're happy,can't you tell ?

And no offence Saxon but you do have a bit of a brass neck coming on and asking for around 50 or so bsides on 3 discs.......that's is what we're talking about, ain't it, that were out there all along while you were collecting all the other stuff!?

My friends husbands a pilot and he is the most tight fisted guy on the planet.

Not a good start....all round and you wonder why we get a bit tetchy  Roll Eyes

I try,try,try......&&&&&& http://www.myspace.com/delgin  &&

IP Logged

hayley
Funny Way To Win (500+)

North East England
Reply #21 - 11/06/07 at 05:54:28

I'm agreeing with most of what Jane said and Ginny too - sorry, I'm skim reading at work so I've not covered all of it.

Whether or not I like someone's website has crappity smack all to do with whether or not I like their music and would put my hand in my pocket to buy it.  If you feel you need a warm welcome to somehow legitimise your fandom or give you the impetus to buy a cd or gig ticket then that strikes me as a little bit strange.

If it's true that we get the politicians that we deserve then maybe it's also true of Justin and his fans. 

When it comes down to it the man won't starve if we don't buy his stuff and I'm sure we'd all struggle on without it too.  Most of us anyway.

Sometimes the grass is greener, you just have to figure out if it's because the other field is full of shit.

IP Logged

Johnny Too Bad
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Look at ma boaby!

UK
Reply #22 - 11/06/07 at 06:46:01

Dylan once said "Just because you like my music it doesn't mean I owe you anything"

It's true, but so is the obverse.  I buy DA and JC records and tickets for my own purposes (namely I like them) and that is all there is to it. My responsibility to JC starts and ends there. It's not my responsibility to market his gear by being nice to the fairweather crappity smackheads that disappear for five years and expect a warm welcome when they pop back because there's a record or tour pending. I mean, what piece of shit would be put off buying a record because they were not made sufficiently welcome on the discussion boards of the guy's former band's website?

Also, I reckon I know who Saxon might be

And I know their mothers' ages and I know all the stories so well&&And I know I'll see their faeces in Hull.
IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Reply #23 - 11/06/07 at 07:14:36

True.This once again sums up what I was trying to say in my "crappity smacking Glory Hunters Thread" thread as found below.

F**king Glory Hunters!
Oct 9th, 2007, 2:02am  Quote   

Before Chelsea Football club got very lucky and were brought out by a very rich Russian billionaire of the name of Roman Abramovich they were a no mark London club with crap footballing attendances,then old Roman rolls in, he starts to buy star player after star player and they start to win things, league cup, FA cups, the Premiership title (no champions league though ha!) and with the the new found success the new fans start to roll in making out they are Chelsea fans through thick and thin, I think the name you give these people are "Jonny comes lately"

No doubt you are thinking what has any of this got to do with Del Amitri? Well on here yesterday and on Justin's My Space page fans starting turning up and making post's out of the blue,well like the QPR fans who sing to the "Jonny come lately" fans at Stamford Bridge- " Where were you when you were shit? Where were you? Where were you? Where were you when you were shit?

Where were these fans when Del Amitri were dumped by Mercury? Where were these fans when Justin told us all to crappity smack off, well they crappity smacked off I guess. Where were these backslappers and glory hunters when JC was doing his "Misery nights" eh? eh?

The thing I like about the regulars on this board is that your hardcore,or what is more commonly known on the net as a "Armstrong" which means a little bit mental and scary but your heart is in the right place for all things Del Amitri related.

The rest of you glory hunters can crappity smack off back to your Texas forums.

IP Logged

Saxon
Empty

Del Amitri fan

Surrey, UK
Reply #24 - 11/06/07 at 08:59:43

Well, I certainly never intended or expected to promote controversy on this forum, nor annoy or antagonise anyone so my apologies if I did anything to cause offence.  Truth is I have silently lurked here for years and years, have always totally loved the music of this band and yes have seen them live, bought all the commercial albums, videos and DVD's (sometimes more than once) so I don't think I fall into the category of casual fan at all.

As to GM's point about the forum not being particularly welcoming to newbies, well I'm afraid I'd have to agree with that statement.  I've posted on several other internet forums over many years and never really received such a frosty reception.  I think it's also worth making clear I wasn't asking for 50 tracks, just to obtain some unreleased material which I offered to donate to charity for or I offered to trade for.  I also highlighted some CD's available for download from the internet in case they contained material some of you don't already have.

My own view on the record sales point is that with the promo for the record being as poor as it has been, the only people who will have bought copies will be those already into Justin or the Dels already.  However I do think forums such as this if they weren't quite so cliquey could have quite a big impact on raising the profile of the band and drawing more people into getting interested in the band and ultimately that could drive record sales.

Anyway, certainly not my intention to cause any unrest - just that nobody expects the Spanish inquisition....

Saxon

So look into the mirror do you recognise someone &&Is it who you always hoped you would become &&When you were young &&

IP Logged

Johnny Too Bad
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Look at ma boaby!

UK
Reply #25 - 11/06/07 at 09:12:25

Nobody EVER expects the Spanish inquisition

And I know their mothers' ages and I know all the stories so well&&And I know I'll see their faeces in Hull.
IP Logged

Tintagel
Funny Way To Win (500+)

lousy for del

West coast of Canada
Reply #26 - 11/06/07 at 09:28:22

Johnny Too Bad wrote on 11/06/07 at 09:12:25:
Nobody EVER expects the Spanish inquisition

Grin Grin Grin

maybe I'll be always laughing

IP Logged

GM
Empty

I love the Dels!

Reply #27 - 11/06/07 at 10:26:34

A common question is where have I been in the last 5 years. Simple answer to this, raising my family, working. checking the websites (the UK one when it was around) for updates, keeping an ear to the ground for news, such as button up, Uncle Devil Show (still have my luggage tab!) and the like. Just because I don’t post on the forum does not mean that I don’t visit at least once a week to try to keep up to date.  I brought 2 new “fans” to the Fruitmarket show, and they seemed to enjoy it, and lets hope that they buy the CD from that.

I would not describe myself as a “die hard” fan. I sometimes missed the support acts at the Barra’s, so I could have a few in the Sarry Heid, but I always made the main act.  The one thing that I would like to see before the Barra’s is no more, is seeing Del Amitri perform there one last time. I am more likely to score the winning goal against Italy next week, but it would be perfect.

All I said was that “casual” listeners (the ones that take an act like Ryan Adams or Justin Currie into the mainstream and into the higher regions of the charts) are less likely to return to the website/forum if treated badly, and less likely to find out about the new releases, especially since Justin Currie is much less prolific than the likes of Ryan Adams, who seems to release a new CD ever couple of months….

Glory Hunter – If I was a glory hunter, I would be checking out The Killers, or the like, but no, I am stuck with the least prolific artist I can think of. Although it is funny you mention Texas, cos I bought Southside the same day I bought Waking Hours, after hearing I don’t wanna lover and Kiss this thing goodbye constantly on the little radio we listened to that summer. Both on tape so I could listen to on the bus… Have not listened to Texas in years, but Waking Hours is a different kettle of maggots.

Saxon, I am glad you got what you want, ‘cos you appear to be a good guy who wants a little bit more. I agree, I post on a 1 other forum, where the act is similar, and the difference is noticeable. The posters there seem to realise that how they treat people can have a knock on effect on record sales, ticket sales and the like. The difference is mainly that a year ago, he sold about 50 tickets at King Tut’s, this year he sold about 90, and I am sure that next year he will sell even more.

Thanks for all your feedback, some was more worthy than others, but he-ho feedback is feedback.   

IP Logged

Wolfgang
Not Where It's At (50+)

Liechtenstein
Reply #28 - 11/06/07 at 11:36:13

And I thought I was weird.

What is Laugh For?
IP Logged

welshgirl
Funny Way To Win (500+)

put what you like here
mitch!

Reply #29 - 11/06/07 at 12:08:28

Wolfgang wrote on 11/06/07 at 11:36:13:
And I thought I was weird.

I nominate this post as post of the year. It made me laugh out loud!

But then I too am a bit odd...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
(Moderator: webmaster)