Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome to the Official Del Amitri Bulletin Board!

If you've lost your password, click on "login" and then "forgot password."

Pages: 1 2 3 
Four new CD's of rarities (Read 41604 times)
Saxon
Empty

Del Amitri fan

Surrey, UK
Re: Four new CD's of rarities
Reply #15 - 11/06/07 at 08:37:54

Cheers for the replies everyone and good question - where did I get 'Saxon' from as a nickname?? - well actually it was my callsign/tag when I used to play online multiplayer combat flight-sims like IL2 Sturmovik and Falcon 4 but in actual fact it was originally a real life callsign used by the RAF in one of their Tornado squadrons. 

Seeing as I (usually) don't get to shoot other aircraft down during day to day airline ops it's good fun doing it in cyberspace!  Mind you since becoming a Dad I don't really get to play that stuff much anymore - not enough hours in the day!!

(I expect that comes as a relief to some of you anyhow!)

Saxon

So look into the mirror do you recognise someone &&Is it who you always hoped you would become &&When you were young &&

IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Reply #16 - 11/07/07 at 05:50:21

Saxs.
Can I call you Saxs?

I was only joking of course when I accused you for all of my bad flying experiences but don't you think that you a little old for call signs etc?

Also it always amazes me how you can get a plane up in the sky that is so heavy and get it to stay in the air,an amazing feat.

Plus how do you know the way when your up?

I'm impressed,we have had a lot of cocks come and go on this forum but never one who worked in a cockpit.

I always wanted to enter the thingy pit but after 9/11 my dream was finally shattered.

IP Logged

Saxon
Empty

Del Amitri fan

Surrey, UK
Reply #17 - 11/07/07 at 06:13:50

OMLR,

Thanks for the post - no offence taken - yep defo a bit old as 40 is looming fast and Saks will do fine even though it makes me sound like a hairdressing salon!

As for getting into the cokpit nowadays - it's one of the saddest things of all that the rules forbid it since 9/11.  When I was a lad you could visit the flighdeck during flight and ask lots of questions of the pilots etc and it was a great experience for a nipper who wanted to become a pilot.  The pilots loved it too because it was nice to have a young enthusiast up there, or maybe just show somebody what goes on because they expressed an interest.  I know a lot of the pilots are really disappointed about the fact all that had to end.  In my case I was inspired by my Father who was cabin crew for most of his life and I would dearly love to have him come up and join me on the flight deck - it would be a proud day for him, or even my wife for the matter.  Sadly that is now against the rules - though quite why they consider the pilot's wife/girlfriend/Mum/Dad a risk I have no idea.

I haven't always flown you see, for the past 15 years I worked in IT (and hated it) - did a mid life career change and at last got the job I always wanted.  Thoroughly broke and in debt but happy despite the 4 years struggle in took to do the course and get a job!

Well, that's my story - what line of work is everyone else in??

Saxon 

So look into the mirror do you recognise someone &&Is it who you always hoped you would become &&When you were young &&

IP Logged

Johnny Too Bad
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Look at ma boaby!

UK
Reply #18 - 11/07/07 at 06:20:12

Saxon wrote on 11/07/07 at 06:13:50:
OMLR, In my case I was inspired by my Father who was cabin crew for most of his life

You get straight flight stewards???

And I know their mothers' ages and I know all the stories so well&&And I know I'll see their faeces in Hull.
IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Reply #19 - 11/07/07 at 06:28:21

I used to work for the  Irish wing of AL-QAEDA but they sacked me,I raided Battersea dogs home and released the Afghans,hence my interest in cockpits, any chance you making a young boy dream come true?

Like you I want to follow in my daddy's footsteps,he would be so proud of me would Pappa Laden..

IP Logged

Johnny Too Bad
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Look at ma boaby!

UK
Reply #20 - 11/07/07 at 07:24:55

Saxon  

Private investigator. People are often not what they claim, I find.

And I know their mothers' ages and I know all the stories so well&&And I know I'll see their faeces in Hull.
IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Reply #21 - 11/26/07 at 07:32:10

Thats the end of him then....

IP Logged

Johnny Too Bad
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Look at ma boaby!

UK
Reply #22 - 11/26/07 at 08:25:07

Off to Swindon, I'm told

IP Logged

thedooner
A Grimace Not A Smile (100+)

Que sera sera, whatever
will be will be.

Ireland
Reply #23 - 11/26/07 at 15:14:46

Grin Grin

he is gone off to figure out the battersea dogs home statement i would imagine.

IP Logged

Saxon
Empty

Del Amitri fan

Surrey, UK
Reply #24 - 11/29/07 at 05:06:52

Nope - still here, now sure why anyone would disbelieve I am a pilot - I mean there's a few thousand airline pilots in the UK alone and some of them must like Del Amitri! - indeed a Captain I flew with the other day lived near a friend of Justin Currie's in GLA and claims that a few years ago they played a gig at the friend's house (until the police were called due to the noise and unfortunately the music stopped).

Anyway, back to the music and all the great B sides I'm now enjoying thanks to some kind members of the forum...

Saxon

IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Reply #25 - 11/29/07 at 06:19:13

Stop Lying.

IP Logged

Tintagel
Funny Way To Win (500+)

lousy for del

West coast of Canada
Reply #26 - 11/29/07 at 08:14:42

Are you all trying to say that Saxon is really Joe?

maybe I'll be always laughing

IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Reply #27 - 11/29/07 at 08:15:50

Stop talking shite.

IP Logged

Tintagel
Funny Way To Win (500+)

lousy for del

West coast of Canada
Reply #28 - 11/29/07 at 09:52:52

Okay then - oh yea who knows all - who is he?

maybe I'll be always laughing

IP Logged

Saxon
Empty

Del Amitri fan

Surrey, UK
Reply #29 - 11/29/07 at 10:00:02

Tintagel,

Who is Jo??  and why on earth  would I be him?   Now I'm really confused...  Wink

Anyway if I came on here wanting to spread bullshit around I'd have come up with something a little more exciting as a career - now let me see - Emma Bunton's gynecologist perhaps??  or maybe Chief test driver for Aston Martin?? 

Saxon

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
(Moderator: webmaster)