Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome to the Official Del Amitri Bulletin Board!

Please register and email the webmaster with any questions!

Pages: 1 2 3 
Four new CD's of rarities (Read 42596 times)
Saxon
Empty

Del Amitri fan

Surrey, UK
Four new CD's of rarities
11/02/07 at 01:00:57

Hi there,

I'm desperate to get hold of some more Del's material (I have all the officially released stuff!) but was wondering if there are any kind souls on here willing to make a copy of some of their B sides and rarity compilations.  I'd be very willing to make a donation to a charity of their choice or trade a copy of my old videocassette of 'No Better location' - it's up to you.

While looking on the internet I noticed a website offering lowish bandwidth mp3's of rare Del's material on 4 cd's here:  http://www.mp3fiesta.com/b_side_collection_b_side_iv_album127645/ - has anyone ordered/got copies of these - looks just what I'm after but I'd ideally like them in cd quality or at least a higher bitrate.

Just a bit about me - I'm new posting on the board but have been regularly visiting for years.  I discovered the band in 1988 (first year university!) and from then on just absolutely loved them - it felt that they described the way my life felt better than any other and I truly believe Justin is up there with McCartney, Jeff Lynne, Andersson/Ulvaus etc in terms of being a musical genius and master songwriter.  I would probably say he's the greatest lyricist of all time in fact!!

Sadly (and I mean desperately sadly I missed all the gigs this past couple of weeks.  I'm an airline pilot and by the time the gigs were announced it was too late to get leave and I was usually flying during the evenings.  I remain absolutely gutted not to have been there and am praying he does something live soon that I can make - irony of ironies I'm even currently stationed in Glasgow till Feb.

Well, a little bit about me - looking forward to chatting with you all.

Jonathan aka Saxon

So look into the mirror do you recognise someone &&Is it who you always hoped you would become &&When you were young &&

IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Re: Four new CD's of rarities
Reply #1 - 11/02/07 at 03:04:09

I have all of the b-side and most rarities that I could send you, but due to circumstance beyond our control i'm sorry to inform you that this CD will be delayed in the post for as long as it takes to get the problem sorted.

Basically I'm sitting here doing crappity smack all scratching my arse like you lot do when us crappity smackers are sat on a plane or in a airport lobby waiting for you cunts to pull your fingers out and take off..

Now, how do you like it?

IP Logged

Rosey
Not Where It's At (50+)

Scotland
Reply #2 - 11/02/07 at 03:32:46

aw, what a warm and fluffy hello that was to a new poster!  Grin

Welcome to the board Saxon, I am of no use to you for your music hunt however!

IP Logged

Saxon
Empty

Del Amitri fan

Surrey, UK
Reply #3 - 11/02/07 at 04:32:05

OMLR,

Well I've got to give it to you maybe that is how it seems sometimes but in actual fact it's usually us at the front trying to pick up the pieces and keep the show on the road for you bastards down the back you know!!  Believe it or not when we're delayed in my airline I get paid an extra £1.91 per hour for being on duty and that's it, so I think you'd agree that it's hardly in my interests to do anything else but get on with the flight and get home to my family asap when we're delayed.  My idea of fun isn't sitting there on the plane bored, tired, hungry and fed up either you know when I could be at home sipping a cold one!

So how about we call it quits and you send me a few CD's worth of rare stuff then???  Let me know what sort of stuff you like and I'm happy to burn some stuff back for ya!

Saxon

So look into the mirror do you recognise someone &&Is it who you always hoped you would become &&When you were young &&

IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Reply #4 - 11/02/07 at 05:01:24

I'm sorry but that don't wash.

You sit there in your thingy pit getting served hot tea or coffee by the young,fit air stewardess whilst we get charged £5.00 for a cup or tea and a really shit sandwich.

The seats are always to crappity smacking small and you cram us in like sardines whilst you sit in those big chairs lounging about spreading your legs out and then when you notice that we the mug punters have spotted you playing billy big bollocks you close the crappity smacking door.

That and the fact you have come on hear to brag about your high flying job there is no chance I'm gonna give you bugger all.

IP Logged

Saxon
Empty

Del Amitri fan

Surrey, UK
Reply #5 - 11/02/07 at 05:15:06

OMLR,

Blimey, nobody was bragging about anything - I was cursing the fact that I was working nights while you guys with your 9-5 office routine were there at the gig!!  No more, no less - and as for the fit stewardesses - well lots of them are but I'm afraid they don't want old codgers like me who are nearly 40, and most of the pilots I work with - even the young single ones don't go dating the crew because otherwise you end up the butt of cabin crew gossip - there are plenty of pretty girls to play for outside the airline!

Anyway, your post made me laugh - though I don't know if that's the intention or if you're just having a go!

Anybody here willing to trade/copy anything - I thought the purpose of forums like this was to share the brilliance of the Dels music!

Saxon

IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Reply #6 - 11/02/07 at 05:56:58

A man is sitting in a plane which is about to takeoff, when another man with a dog occupies the empty seats alongside.  The dog is sat in the middle, and the first man is looking quizzically at the dog when the second man explains that they work for the airline.

The airline rep said "Don't mind Rover, he is a sniffer dog, the best there is, I'll show you once we get airborne and I set him to work."

The plane takes off and levels out when the handler says to the first man, "Watch this." He tells the dog, "Rover, search." The dog jumps down, walks along the aisle and sits next to a woman for a few seconds. It then returns to its seat and puts one paw on the handler's arm. He says "Good boy." He turns to the first man and says, "That woman is in possession of marijuana, so I'm making a note of this, and the seat number, for the police who will apprehend her upon arrival." "Fantastic!" replies the first man.

Once again he sends the dog to search the aisles. The dog sniffs about, sits down beside a man for a few seconds, returns to its seat and places both paws on the handler's arm. The airline rep says, "That man is carrying cocaine, so again, I'm making a note of this, and the seat number." "I like it!" says the first man.

Once again he sends the dog to search the aisles. Rover goes up and down the plane aisle, and after a while sits down next to someone, and then comes racing back and jumps up onto the seat and craps all over the place. The first man is surprised and disgusted by this, and asks "What the heck is going on?" The handler nervously replies "He just found a bomb!"

IP Logged

webmaster
Board Administrator

Who is Del?

Reply #7 - 11/02/07 at 11:27:33

JJB. Stop being an idiot. Keep this on topic pls.

Otherwise known as Alison
IP Logged

Rosey
Not Where It's At (50+)

Scotland
Reply #8 - 11/02/07 at 13:14:58

*sniggers*

IP Logged

Johnny Too Bad
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Look at ma boaby!

UK
Reply #9 - 11/03/07 at 00:35:07

Saxon wrote on 11/02/07 at 01:00:57:
Just a bit about me - I'm new posting on the board but have been regularly visiting for years. †I discovered the band in 1988 (first year university!) and from then on just absolutely loved them

Strange you discovered them in '88. Waking Hours didn't come out until late '89. Prior to that they were known only to the two dozen misguided souls who bought their dismal 1985 indie debut album.

And I know their mothers' ages and I know all the stories so well&&And I know I'll see their faeces in Hull.
IP Logged

Saxon
Empty

Del Amitri fan

Surrey, UK
Reply #10 - 11/04/07 at 04:07:43

Johnny too bad,

Well, I only discovered them when 'Nothing ever happens' charted so that must be 1989 then as you suggest, and I ran out and bought the album on vinyl - still haven't got around to buying it on CD.   Whatever it seems all too many years ago now and makes me feel rather ancient to think I was at University so long ago!

As I said before surely the important thing is that we share an appreciation of the Del's music - that should be a unifying force for good and positive relationships - after all given the relative lack of success of the band commercially in recent years I would have thought it's in all our interests to encourage new members here.  Many thanks to the several kind members who have emailed me offline to offer to share their tracks.

Saxon

IP Logged

Gerry
A Grimace Not A Smile (100+)

Glasgow
Reply #11 - 11/04/07 at 16:35:04

Saxon wrote on 11/04/07 at 04:07:43:
Johnny too bad,

Well, I only discovered them when 'Nothing ever happens' charted so that must be 1989 then as you suggest, and I ran out and bought the album on vinyl - still haven't got around to buying it on CD. † Whatever it seems all too many years ago now and makes me feel rather ancient to think I was at University so long ago!

As I said before surely the important thing is that we share an appreciation of the Del's music - that should be a unifying force for good and positive relationships - after all given the relative lack of success of the band commercially in recent years I would have thought it's in all our interests to encourage new members here. †Many thanks to the several kind members who have emailed me offline to offer to share their tracks.

Saxon

Saxon (how the crappity smack did you come up with that name by the way??), I think its more than obvious that everyone on this site does share an appreciation of the Dels music and that it is also 'a unifying force for good and positive relationships'.

Feck me, by the sound of what you're saying we should be e-mailing the United Nations and asking them to play NEH down the wires of the delegates headphones!!

I'm not mocking your post for no reason but why else do you think everyone keeps hanging around here???

Not just for the want of a new Dels album I can tell you.  Plenty would have given up the ghost on that one crappity smacken ages ago

Calm down into a panic and try and see what's going on here...people who have known each other for a long time, trying to keep the faith in the music of someone we acknowledge as being special in our lives, at a variety of times both good and bad.

In doing that you will find some good patter, some bad patter, some shite jokes, some good jokes, some right cheeky bastards, some real genuine people, some right feel good posts, some banal and pointless posts, some characters, some half-wits, some people you like, some people you don't.  Thats life mate!

I'm glad you sourced your b sides, there was never a doubt in my mind you wouldn't have.

Just try and accept the site for what it is....and get us to our destination on time!

'some days are break through, some days are break down.........

IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Reply #12 - 11/05/07 at 03:17:14

webmaster wrote on 11/02/07 at 11:27:33:

Do I really need to explain that I was just having a laugh?

IP Logged

webmaster
Board Administrator

Who is Del?

Reply #13 - 11/05/07 at 09:07:31

Quote:
webmaster wrote on 11/02/07 at 11:27:33:

Do I really need to explain that I was just having a laugh?

Have a laugh on-topic Tongue

Otherwise known as Alison
IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Reply #14 - 11/06/07 at 01:17:09

Miltant Cry

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3