Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome to the Official Del Amitri Bulletin Board!

Please register and email the webmaster with any questions!

Poll Poll
Question: Should anyone be sharing JC's album?

Sure - it's good for promotion    
  3 (21.4%)
Not bothered either way    
  2 (14.3%)
No, It might hinder JC's chances of success    
  7 (50.0%)
I have a copy and have shared it....    
  2 (14.3%)

Total votes: 14
« Created by: Jules on: 07/07/07 at 16:42:37 »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Should anyone be sharing JC's album? (Read 56231 times)
Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Re: Should anyone be sharing JC's album?
Reply #30 - 07/09/07 at 06:09:58

I donít see how Iím jumping to anybodyís defense, Iíve made it pretty clear that I thought this person was out of order to do what they had done, I just donít like the snaky underhand digs that have followed this thread.

Surely you canít deny this? If you want to say something why not just say it?

IP Logged

welshgirl
Funny Way To Win (500+)

put what you like here
mitch!

Reply #31 - 07/09/07 at 06:13:21

blah de blah de blah

what a load of fuss about nothing

mind you I have no idea what you're all going on about, just the usual ratty bitchy shouting at each other thing I guess. Justin would be proud...

IP Logged

hayley
Funny Way To Win (500+)

North East England
Reply #32 - 07/09/07 at 06:26:59

Quote:
I donít see how Iím jumping to anybodyís defense, Iíve made it pretty clear that I thought this person was out of order to do what they had done, I just donít like the snaky underhand digs that have followed this thread.

Surely you canít deny this? If you want to say something why not just say it?

Nothing snaky or underhand about the thread that I can see.  It's just a discussion of opinions.

Caroline - you surely don't expect anything else from here after all these years?  If you didn't like it you wouldn't keep coming back - all families have their battles.

Sometimes the grass is greener, you just have to figure out if it's because the other field is full of shit.

IP Logged

David
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Wilfully wobbling through
life

Reply #33 - 07/09/07 at 07:28:20

Sharing's one thing: like I was given a copy of UDS before its release.  I still bought the godforsaken thing.  I don't agree with illegal downloading - I like owning CDs personally (though I still haven't gotten round to getting Imogen Heap's album, glorious as it is).

If someone's just letting people know it's out, then cool.  But noone should be putting it out on filesharing - that's just rotten.

What Is Love For? is a gash name for an album as well.  Rebound was much better because it was a double dig.

IP Logged

hayley
Funny Way To Win (500+)

North East England
Reply #34 - 07/09/07 at 07:49:50

What is Love For sucks badly as a title - I'd expect it to adorn an offering from Michael Buble or Celine Dion but it's just so very wrong in this case unless they're aiming to push the thing at Simply Red's audience. †Maybe they are.

Sometimes the grass is greener, you just have to figure out if it's because the other field is full of shit.

IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Reply #35 - 07/09/07 at 07:53:01

Well Caroline, when a bond of trust is broken that might not mean much to you, to others it does. Plus if we all did an impersonation of your type post on here you would read nothing more then this...

Smiley And "yep" and ďreallyĒ

IP Logged

cueball
Low Friends In High Places (250+)

I love the Dels!

Reply #36 - 07/09/07 at 08:59:08

IMO JC needs all the publicity he can get to make the cd a success. If it isn't a commercial success he won't get another chance.
It's wrong though that someone has made it available online. If JC had been OK with that he would have made the tracks downloadable from myspace.
Sharing the disc among people who will buy it anyway is OK.

Maybe someone should ask him his opinion.

Is it September now? Quote:
deadlines can become understandably fluid.
usually means longer rather than shorter.

BD to Z Victor 1 ...

IP Logged

Jules
A Grimace Not A Smile (100+)

I had this on LP once...

...this side of the morning
Should anyone be sharing JC's album?
Reply #37 - 07/09/07 at 09:54:58

The reason for my post/poll was that I've found the album available on a file sharing service. It's listed as 'What is love for 2007' and has 12 tracks. One is Gold Dust (which I hadn't heard before) and the 12th is a haunting short (1'30'') unnamed track with JC playing keyboard which I'll call 'In the Rain'. I don't want to spoil it, but one of the 'Rebound' tracks has a new ending. †Lips Sealed

I wasn't assuming that anyone here had shared these files, and if they had then they'd have to be very close to the source (which as much as you would like to think you are Joe, you're not) - I would have expected the news of where to get hold of it would have been shared amongst the faithful by now, even by the most self-centred of you.

I thought it a valid reason for posting - now I have to consider the moral question of sharing the location of the files with you all.......... †Tongue

I would walk 500 miles.....

IP Logged

Cristina
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Dels fan from Spain

Reply #38 - 07/09/07 at 10:47:24

Hey Jules,
that's crappity smacking serious!!! Can you forward the information to Alison so she can pass it on to Justin? He should be warned about it in case it can be stopped before it's too late!

IP Logged

welshgirl
Funny Way To Win (500+)

put what you like here
mitch!

Reply #39 - 07/09/07 at 10:55:49

I wasn't complaining, I was just observing. And yes Hayley you're right, I particularly like it when Joe gets on his high horse and everyone else gets nasty and starts throwing insults around. Its great  Smiley

(that smiley was for Joe  Kiss )

IP Logged

Jules
A Grimace Not A Smile (100+)

I had this on LP once...

...this side of the morning
Reply #40 - 07/09/07 at 11:00:31

Nice idea in principal Cristina, but shutting a site down won't stop the spread of the material. I've seen at least 6 people with the album listed in their shared files.

Quote:
Also this file sharing thing? Where did he find this and is there a name attached to it?

Actually, the listed member's name was Joe.........no bullshit †Huh

Quote:
That is bang out of order.

Yes, it is.

I would walk 500 miles.....

IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Reply #41 - 07/09/07 at 11:36:04

Jules wrote on 07/09/07 at 09:54:58:
had shared these files, and if they had then they'd have to be very close to the source (which as much as you would like to think you are Joe, you're not)

What are you on about here, that went right over my head?Are you trying to make out that I think i'm in with him or something? I get the very rare email which he resonds to and that its,forgive me for being thick but I dont have a clue what you are on about here...

As for the implication that its me who is doing the sharing you really are talking out of your crack now,I dont even know how to put songs on to my bloody ipod not alone hosting and sharing files and lets be honest here,we both know why you started this thread.

IP Logged

welshgirl
Funny Way To Win (500+)

put what you like here
mitch!

Reply #42 - 07/09/07 at 11:39:03

Joe's copy is the old one anyway, not the 2007 version....

..I'm guessing

IP Logged

Hilary
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Virginia, USA
Reply #43 - 07/09/07 at 11:42:05

In principle sharing music on file sharing sites is wrong*, especially when the material is not yet officially released.

However, who really is going to be bothered enough to download this CD?  Answer - us lot, most of whom seem already to have one version of it (I don't) and most of whom will be buying the legit reason on the day of realease.

For that reason I really can't get worked up enough about it...  Still, it's mildly amusing watching Joe shit stir again.

H

* except in those grey areas where I've bought a CD and found I can't rip the tracks to my pc because it's protected, so I've had to download tracks to be able to listen on my ipod.   Shocked

IP Logged

Cristina
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Dels fan from Spain

Reply #44 - 07/09/07 at 11:48:10

I think that whoever who has put the album on that hosting has to be really near JC as it seems that the changes on the album are recent, after the record deal was done, etc... so on the last steps of the process I guess. And I think he really should now about it as the leak source is near him...
What a bad luck, really!!!
And Joe, take it easy, as we all understood that Jules was joking... None of us fans here are that close to JC!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
(Moderator: webmaster)