Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome to the Official Del Amitri Bulletin Board!

Please register and email the webmaster with any questions!

Poll Poll
Question: Should anyone be sharing JC's album?

Sure - it's good for promotion    
  3 (21.4%)
Not bothered either way    
  2 (14.3%)
No, It might hinder JC's chances of success    
  7 (50.0%)
I have a copy and have shared it....    
  2 (14.3%)

Total votes: 14
« Created by: Jules on: 07/07/07 at 16:42:37 »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Should anyone be sharing JC's album? (Read 54676 times)
Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Re: Should anyone be sharing JC's album?
Reply #15 - 07/09/07 at 02:38:03

Lets be honest here, this thread was posted to have a dig at one person on here, itís not about the wrongs and rights of sharing a CD that has not been released, truth is this type of thing happens all the time and even JC acknowledged that if you make a record over 2 years ago its going to get out.

I was given a copy well over a year ago, maybe even longer, I was asked not to hand it out and I kept that promise for well over a year, I was constantly being asked by this one person if I had it and after about the 100th time of saying no I finally submitted and gave this a person a copy as they clearly really wanted it but it was given to them under the instruction not to hand it out, this person decided to ignore that even gave it out to any sod that wanted it.

Now of course I can hardly go mental at this as I effectly did the same thing and the person I did give this to I foolishly trusted and they did enjoy playing the big person in handing it out but what annoys me most is the hidden agenda here just to have a pop at somebody, the poster of this thread does not give to shit about the rights and wrongs of sharing CDís its just a guise to hide behind and cause some sort of shit storm.

And thatís the crappity smacking truth.

IP Logged

Rosemary
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Reply #16 - 07/09/07 at 03:00:43

Does it feel better to confess joe? I for one had no hidden agenda with my comments. I just know all too well the dynamics of this board. And I can't think of any more pertinent topic for a band board than to expose someone's underhanded, self-serving misuse of a favor, before they do any more damage.

I can hear the rebuttal from Judas now... Roll Eyes

PS Joe, I know what you did was in the true spirit of fandom. You don't have a bad bone in your body. Smiley

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...

IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Reply #17 - 07/09/07 at 03:07:25

I never saw it as a confession Rosie, the person who 1st gave me it knows what I done and I hope they still trust me to some degree, well as much as anybody can trust me that is...

I just don't like hidden agendas, you have a problem with somebody tell them straight not hide behind post likes this only to be backed up with other people with who also see it as a way of putting the boot in.

I'm not talking about me either thatís being having a go at.

IP Logged

the last to know
Funny Way To Win (500+)

"Oh bollicking damn &
jumbo buggers!"

a mountain backwater in NC
Reply #18 - 07/09/07 at 03:10:19

Quote:
but what annoys me most is the hidden agenda here just to have a pop at somebody, the poster of this thread does not give to shit about the rights and wrongs of sharing CDís its just a guise to hide behind and cause some sort of shit storm.

Something you've never done, of course.
Wink

"People are rarely strange and mostly dull but sometimes they worm away at you like a fascinating doubt."

IP Logged

Rosemary
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Reply #19 - 07/09/07 at 03:13:13

Well, I didn't start this, just guessed immediately what was going on. And it doesn't make a lot of sense to tap a burglar on the shoulder and say "Excuse me, but that's wrong", so I don't know where you're coming from on that. I think this thread was started out of genuine concern for Justin's creative rights. Okay, I've said what I needed to say so will drop out and let others have a go if they wish.

IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Reply #20 - 07/09/07 at 03:29:31

the last to know wrote on 07/09/07 at 03:10:19:
Quote:
but what annoys me most is the hidden agenda here just to have a pop at somebody, the poster of this thread does not give to shit about the rights and wrongs of sharing CDís its just a guise to hide behind and cause some sort of shit storm.

Something you've never done, of course.
Wink

No, when I have insulted somebody or been unkind on here I have done it in a very upfront kind of way not hiding behind some post to have a pop.

And Rose if you think that this post was made out of love to JC you really are crappity smacking miles off on that front.

Quote from Rosemary on Today at 3:13am:
Well, I didn't start this, just guessed immediately what was going on.

Bollocks Rosie, You aint that bright.I know the saddos on here dont have much else to talk about so dont try making out you were not told via pm,email or messenger.

What Iím saying is right. Period (For you Americans)

IP Logged

the last to know
Funny Way To Win (500+)

"Oh bollicking damn &
jumbo buggers!"

Reply #21 - 07/09/07 at 03:41:12

I'm not arguing with what you say is or isn't right, but I do think you've adopted certain stances just to cause a shit storm as well as take shots, whether you really had a problem with your targets or not.
Roll Eyes

"People are rarely strange and mostly dull but sometimes they worm away at you like a fascinating doubt."

IP Logged

Rosemary
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Reply #22 - 07/09/07 at 03:47:20

I guessed it straight up joe, based on what I know about the character and motivations of certain people on this board. I've never been a big participater in the 'hidden board' that goes on here. Ironically, said perpetrator of overzealous dissemination is one of the biggest behind the scenes shit stirrers on here...it's fun to watch the tones of the post on the real board change after the poison seed has been planted...

Okay, now on with my day....I suppose it's up to Justin and co. re: if any of this matters...it's his baby!

IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Reply #23 - 07/09/07 at 03:58:45

the last to know wrote on 07/09/07 at 03:41:12:
I'm not arguing with what you say is or isn't right, but I do think you've adopted certain stances just to cause a shit storm as well as take shots, whether you really had a problem with your targets or not.
Roll Eyes

What the crappity smack are you going on about? This is not about me, Iím just adding my two pennyís worth.

I was honest enough to say I had a copy which I gave to a trusted source, this source let me down badly by trying to show off to there mates, there is no right on this, we both crappity smacked up, In fairness to me I only gave it as I knew how much this person wanted it as I felt the same when I never had it, my reasons to pass it on were at least genuine not to gain some kinda of false praise but what I donít like is the way its being used to cause grief and to have cheap shots at, trust me if you knew who this person was and the history behind these people you would understand where Iím coming from on this.

IP Logged

the last to know
Funny Way To Win (500+)

"Oh bollicking damn &
jumbo buggers!"

Reply #24 - 07/09/07 at 04:08:08

Argh, I'm too tired to spell it out.  Not like it's that important anyway.

IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Reply #25 - 07/09/07 at 04:12:11

Shut it then.

IP Logged

hayley
Funny Way To Win (500+)

North East England
Reply #26 - 07/09/07 at 04:18:40

Quote:
Lets be honest here, this thread was posted to have a dig at one person on here, itís not about the wrongs and rights of sharing a CD that has not been released...

Not to my knowledge it wasn't - I'm pretty sure the thread was posted as a response to Jules finding that "What is Love for" was available on a file sharing system - a version that is different to the one that is doing the rounds for the most part.

Though I'm sure he'll will correct me if I've got it wrong.

Sometimes the grass is greener, you just have to figure out if it's because the other field is full of shit.

IP Logged

Rosemary
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Reply #27 - 07/09/07 at 04:22:34

Sounds like a good plan for all of us. The truth will out. And history has a habit of repeating itself, joe. Character is character. I may be crazy and American but my motivations for being on here are strictly as a fan and I certainly do not wish this person any ill in the grand scheme of things, what they've done they've done to themselves so don't make me the bad guy because I knew who it was based on their equally bad treatment of me in a past situation which revealed their true character to me. End of. (for you Brits)

IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Reply #28 - 07/09/07 at 05:16:25

hayley wrote on 07/08/07 at 10:07:53:
One person at least has been liberally spreading copies of "Rebound" about recently. †I have the feeling the motivation there is less PR for JC and more self-promotion though.

I'm not just talking abou him and there's a surprise you sticking up for Jules.... Roll Eyes Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Also this file sharing thing? Where did he find this and is there a name attached to it?
That is bang out of order.

IP Logged

hayley
Funny Way To Win (500+)

North East England
Reply #29 - 07/09/07 at 05:51:19

I'm not a very nice person remember and that was something related to the topic that I decided to pass an opinion on and was nothing to do with the thread being posted.   Tongue

You're making quite a habit of jumping to someone's defence too - do you share the cheerleader's outfit these days?

Sometimes the grass is greener, you just have to figure out if it's because the other field is full of shit.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(Moderator: webmaster)