Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome to the Official Del Amitri Bulletin Board!

Please register and email the webmaster with any questions!

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Del Amitri b-sides/ Closer Look (Read 23147 times)
aellis80
Empty

I Love Del Amitri!

Del Amitri b-sides/ Closer Look
03/25/07 at 13:54:23

Hi - this is my first post on this board so it's good to be able to contact fellow Dels fans. I was wondering if anyone had the following Dels rarities for trade or B&P:

- [b]A Closer Look[/b] - interviews for Hatful of Rain by Daren Holmquist

- [b]Del Amitri b-sides collection [/b](3 CDs) including - sense sickness, the difference is, the king is poor, hammering heart (re-recorded), lines running north, brown eyed girl, out in the wind, no holding on, slowly its coming back, fred partington's daughter, so many souls to change, don't i look like the guy you used to hate?, the return of maggie brown, talk it to death, another letter home, april the first, more than you'd ever know, evidence, this side of the morning (live in a car park at 2 am), spit in the rain, scared to live, learn to cry, angel on the roof, the whole world is quiet, whiskey remorse, lighten up the load, the heart is a bad design, don't cry no tears, bye bye pride, cindy incidentally, i won't take the blame (acoustic), long journey home, the verb to do, kestrel road, long way down, someone else will, queen of false arms, life by mistake, in the meaintime, a little luck, in the frame, food for songs (acoustic), one thing left to do (acoustic), a better man, the last love song, when you were young (alternative), sleep instead of teardrops, spare pair of laces, before the evening steels the afernoon, a grimace not a smile, low friends in high places, three ilttle words, paper thin, canned laughter, one step at a time, drowned on dry land, being somebody else (live in chicago), not where it's at (alternative)

I am desperate to get hold of these - I live in the UK and would appreciate anyone who can help me out.

Thanks

IP Logged

Tintagel
Funny Way To Win (500+)

lousy for del

West coast of Canada
Re: Del Amitri b-sides/ Closer Look
Reply #1 - 03/25/07 at 15:14:40

If you find someone who has all those b-sides I would be interested also. I only have the "official"  b-sides and as far as I am concerned that was worth buying if only for In the Frame.  Sigh.  I'm a greedy pig who wants all Del music on my computer now. Anything that has ever been recorded anywhere by anyone for any reason. Must slap face and take deep breath and calm down.

maybe I'll be always laughing

IP Logged

David
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Wilfully wobbling through
life

Reply #2 - 03/26/07 at 09:08:03

I have 40 of those...  I could maybe do you a cd...

Or you could go try and get Lousy With Love on ebay...

IP Logged

djh
Empty

So, there I was...

Pacific NW
Reply #3 - 03/26/07 at 19:02:41

It's scary, but I have all of those.  I don't have Queen of False Arms, though... mine is Queen of False Alarms.........    Wink

Drowned On Dry Land was never a b-side, and has only been officially released on the the live VHS tape "No Better Location".  Although, several really clean radio versions exist.  (Which is what leads many to think it was released as a single.  Seek out the Idiot's Delight tape)

You can pick up alot of the singles on eBay, fairly cheaply now.

I can help you out with the A Closer Look, however... I did it as a giveaway at the Chicago World's Biggest Block Party Oppositeview get together back in '98.  So, there're are about 40 people with copies of that.

Gimme a holler, I'm ready for some trading again...

Darren
oppositeview@gmail.com

"Who are you again?  And, more importantly, who am I?"

IP Logged

Burke
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/11/07 at 14:38:56

Lost a lot of my older (Waking Hours and earlier) vinyl singles and EPs in the flood last year in my basement.  Slowly rebuildinmg that part of my collection.  I do have 'Sense Sickness/The Difference Is' on a 45, but not the gear I'd need to transfer it to an MP3 on my computer.

IP Logged

Rosemary
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Reply #5 - 04/11/07 at 18:03:24

Vinyl melts in water?

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...

IP Logged

Jeb
Empty

I love the Dels!

Reply #6 - 04/13/07 at 10:11:43

Darren, is it possible to get a copy of A Closer Look?  Ashamed to say I don't have a copy of that.  Thanks very much.

Jane

IP Logged

the last to know
Funny Way To Win (500+)

"Oh bollicking damn &
jumbo buggers!"

a mountain backwater in NC
Reply #7 - 04/13/07 at 12:28:52

I'd like a copy, too, if it's possible.......

"People are rarely strange and mostly dull but sometimes they worm away at you like a fascinating doubt."

IP Logged

Burke
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 08/08/07 at 13:20:17

Rosemary wrote on 04/11/07 at 18:03:24:
Vinyl melts in water?

No hon, it mildews and the covers get waterlogged, then the cardboard sticks to the vinyl.  crappity smacking mess by the end of it.

IP Logged

Joseph the Eighth
Funny Way To Win (500+)

The King III

In Sight Of France.
Reply #9 - 08/09/07 at 01:52:30

Rosemary wrote on 04/11/07 at 18:03:24:
Vinyl melts in water?

Nice to see Rose that you can mention the word" Melt" again after what happend.

Did your  vinyl melt then Rosie that time?

IP Logged

Rosemary
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Reply #10 - 08/09/07 at 03:13:22

wARPED....NOW YOU'VE GONE AND THROWN ME INTO PTSD YOU BASTARD!!!! Wink Grin I was just thinking the other day, I wonder how much Free Wheelin' Bob Dylan and Badfinger Stright Up go for now on the trader's market? Sad

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
(Moderator: webmaster)