Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome to the Official Del Amitri Bulletin Board!

Please register and email the webmaster with any questions!

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Sources of Del Amitri music (non-DRM) (Read 7475 times)
Todd Harbour

Sources of Del Amitri music (non-DRM)
03/01/06 at 06:31:41

I heard a Del Amitri song on Vega FM (here in Australia) tonight and was looking to perhaps buy the album Waking Hours.

Does anyone know where I could buy this album NON-DRM (places like Magnatune - for example)?  Preferably available in 192KBps VBR LAME encoded MP3, OGG and/or WAV.

I checked out a few places but was unable to find it.

Unacceptable answers are obviously: "pirate it" and allofmp3.com

Thanks

Regards,

Todd Harbour
~o~

IP Logged

sub_rosa
Empty

Re: Sources of Del Amitri music (non-DRM)
Reply #1 - 03/01/06 at 16:35:00

It may not be the answer you are looking for but...

buy a new copy of the CD!

Support the boys where ever possible..they won't get any money (I don't think) if you just download it off some site. This is a UK link for Amazon who appear to have them in stock:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000026H0V/qid=1141259512/sr=8-2/ref=pd...

IP Logged

Todd Harbour

Reply #2 - 03/02/06 at 22:46:13

Actually no it generally works the other way around.  Downloading off websites like Magnatunes ensures that the artists get MORE money.

That's the whole idea.  In Australia it's illegal to rip CDs to MP3, and if the CD is protected, it's even harder to do so.  Additionally, I refuse to purchase any CD using protection in principal.

IP Logged

ptm
Funny Way To Win (500+)

your lips come as some
surprise..

East Kilbride
Reply #3 - 04/01/06 at 17:27:00

don't they have ipods in oz? or mp3 playe in general? how can it be illegal to rip ur own cd's?

..that they would want to come and meet mine.

IP Logged

Todd Harbour

Reply #4 - 04/02/06 at 04:20:36

Yes we have MP3 players etc.  However if you want to use them legally you can only put music on there that you created yourself or that you purchased in digital form etc.  No ripping of CDs.

As a result, I ONLY purchase music that is available digitally, and NON-DRM so that I can play them on my MP3 player.  I was hoping Del Amitri would have their music available via a digital distribution site however I haven't had any luck finding them.

Unfortunate as I would like to give them my money and get their music!

IP Logged

ptm
Funny Way To Win (500+)

your lips come as some
surprise..

East Kilbride
Reply #5 - 04/02/06 at 05:24:27

i'm sure the vast majority of people just do it anyway. i'd think it would be near impossible to enforce.

and i doubt the actual band would get much if anything from you buying the album, probably the record company since i'd say the band used more cash recording it in the states than what they made from selling it.

..that they would want to come and meet mine.

IP Logged

Todd Harbour

Reply #6 - 04/07/06 at 00:52:45

That's the OTHER reason I will only buy digital music.

At Magnatune for example, the artist receives "50 percent of gross sales income, and freedom to sell their music elsewhere" - hence my statement earlier (although I think sub_rosa was under the impression I wanted a pirated copy).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
(Moderator: webmaster)