Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome to the Official Del Amitri Bulletin Board!

Please register and email the webmaster with any questions!

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
The Dels (Read 2234 times)
noise
Empty

I love the Dels!

The Dels
01/21/06 at 10:34:38

I just re-discovered my Del Amitri Albums and can't believe how good that shit is!

There's something about the sombre, hard hitting but accurately observed tunes that those guys write that really strikes a chord with me.

So many songs contain lines that could be quotes, Justin talks about simple facts of modern life in such a poetic way it's truly brilliant. I was lucky enough to see these guys a few times in concert and got to lig backstage one time after a gig and although not a starstruck person (and I regularly work with music 'stars') I was totally in awe of those guys because they way they moved me when I was younger with their music. We ended up talking about bollocks but I remember wanting to say something so much more meaningful and that I somehow understood where they were coming from and what they were saying in their songs.

I don't know what the guys are up to, haven't heard of any new material for years, hence finding this website... Whatever, the music will last forever (providing we have enough fossil fuels to keep our iPods going!) and this is as much as a tip of the hat and a hello to a great band who wrote a ton of quality material and were also lucky enough to break America too, if only slightly. (still a single top 10 in the US is a retirement fund, let alone a No.1!) The guys deserve it, no doubt they paid their dues driving up and down the country in battered transit vans and getting crappity smacked by promoters but where lucky enough to touch enough people with their music that they were elevated out of it.

Brilliant bunch of lads wih some great ideas and a fantastic legacy of music for us all...Later. Smiley

IP Logged

Seminole
Empty

My unseen roots must be
Scot

Southeastern, NC, Southeast US
Re: The Dels
Reply #1 - 01/22/06 at 21:54:44

I was hoping to ask someone what they were like in concert. I saw them on Letterman once. Every meaningful relationship I have had since my discovery of Del Amitri has been impacted by the music. All the women were impressed that I had such a great collection of out of the ordinary music. Timeless are these tunes.
Thanks Dels

First Generation Dels Fan Raising up Second Genration Dels Fans with instructions to keep the faith

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
(Moderator: webmaster)