Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome to the Official Del Amitri Bulletin Board!

If you've lost your password, click on "login" and then "forgot password."

Pages: 1 2 
are they coming back? (Read 11790 times)
scott hoggan

Re: are they coming back?
Reply #15 - 12/04/05 at 05:32:20

please get bak with the rest of the boys justin im missin ure gigs at the barras u were brill with eddie reader

IP Logged

Burke

Reply #16 - 12/07/05 at 14:46:55

TO Jakester:

Why bash a new guy for asking a question?  ???  We shouldn't assume that the Dels aren't picking up new fans all the time.. their records are still on the shelves, folks, and LOTS of used copies are out there in stores and on-line. 

Yeah, I've listened to them since 1989, but who's to say a person couldn't pick up a copy of Twisted for $2.99 (I've seen it that price for a cut out used copy here in the States) at the local record store  today and discover the band for the first time?  Or maybe, like our new friend, his Dad has a copy of the record at home, and he heard it and liked it?  That's how I discovered a lot of 60's folk, as well a Big Band stuff... my dad had a lot of records I listened to.  To this day, I'm a Kingston Trio and Simon & Garfunkel fan because of the records my Dad had (we're talking VINYL records, folks... not them there fancy CD's!   Grin)

Bashing somebody for asking if the band will reform is, I believe, the height of musical snobbery.  Roll Eyes   

Not everybody can be a Dels 'insider', y'know? Lay off the guy, eh?

Cheers!

IP Logged

Adzi
Empty

I love the Dels!

Reply #17 - 12/08/05 at 10:36:17

I totally agree. My daughter is 10 and loves the Dels, she reglularly laments on the emotions and true to life way that the lyrics portray. (Actually, I made that last bit up but i'm sure she will). What is concerning though is Justin's comment on the With Strings Attached website - basically "we split up and it's probably a good thing". Let's hope Monday in Glasgow is the start of a new chapter, along with the CD release. Please make sure lots of reviews are posted ref; Monday's gig.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
(Moderator: webmaster)