Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome to the Official Del Amitri Bulletin Board!

If you've lost your password, click on "login" and then "forgot password."

Pages: 1 2 
Stupid Facts About Del Amitri (Read 26544 times)
hayley
Funny Way To Win (500+)

North East England
Re: Stupid Facts About Del Amitri
Reply #15 - 03/12/05 at 18:04:05

Morrissey is a god - as I type this I'm watching the Hulmerist DVD... and I don't have enough shame to be embarassed by that. Wink

I've been listening to a lot of old stuff recently - doing a couple of compilations for people has let to some fantastic strolls down musical memory lane.  It has also meant discovering that a lot of stuff I thought I had was either on ancient worn out cassettes or vinyl and has meant a fair bit of expense as I've replaced it all... oh well. Grin

Sometimes the grass is greener, you just have to figure out if it's because the other field is full of shit.

IP Logged

Handsome Dan
Low Friends In High Places (250+)

I love the Dels!

Sunny Toxteth, Liverpool
Reply #16 - 03/13/05 at 00:49:46

Quote:
I swear you're just doing that to get me riled now.  You feisty young scamp.  Roll Eyes

Only 'cos I know you love it.   Smiley

Am I happy now? No, I've never been happy.

IP Logged

Handsome Dan
Low Friends In High Places (250+)

I love the Dels!

Sunny Toxteth, Liverpool
Reply #17 - 03/13/05 at 00:50:58

Quote:
Who would try and steal a woman from a man called Handsome Dan, now?

Just as long as you're clear on it, I'll let you off.

Am I happy now? No, I've never been happy.

IP Logged

Rosemary
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Reply #18 - 03/15/05 at 05:45:50

Quote:
Ah yes, but if there are souls who walk this earth missing out on the wonders that are DA and Led Zep by lolling about with such ignorant views I take comfort in having nothing but pity and scorn for them. Wink  Poor deluded creatures.

Robert Plant's playing the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach next weekend. Wanna go?  I still haven't quite rationalized the ridiculous ticket price yet, but I haven't had a vacation lately, so I may just spring to see the man in a relatively small venue.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...

IP Logged

hayley
Funny Way To Win (500+)

North East England
Reply #19 - 03/15/05 at 05:53:02

Yes!  I would love to go but it's a bit of a logistical problem. Sad  I saw him a couple of years ago and he put on a bloody good show - Going to California and (Oh, I'm in heaven at the memory) Whole Lotta Love. Grin

Sometimes the grass is greener, you just have to figure out if it's because the other field is full of shit.

IP Logged

Rosemary
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Reply #20 - 03/16/05 at 06:11:14

Well, if you change your mind..... he's playing, I think, with the band from the last couple of albums, so I don't think the show will be overly Zeppy. Smiley

IP Logged

hayley
Funny Way To Win (500+)

North East England
Reply #21 - 03/16/05 at 12:57:51

I thought Dreamland was an excellent album.  I have heard rumours that the new one isn't too good though.  Oh well - I'm happy to forgive him a lot of the other stuff that he's done solo so I'm sure I could cope with it.

IP Logged

Rosemary
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Reply #22 - 03/16/05 at 14:02:48

One stupid fact about Del Amitri is that their fans have a penchant for thread drift! Wink

Yeah, I got Dreamland and really liked it. Have heard one preview song from the new album and it was quite adequate for bouncing along in traffic. Will have to hear the whole album of-a -piece before I judge its merit.

IP Logged

hayley
Funny Way To Win (500+)

North East England
Reply #23 - 03/16/05 at 14:06:26

Oh you're a step ahead of me Rosie - I've not heard any of it I just read a discussion elsewhere on the internerd.  I am known for my optimism so will wait to hear it before passing judgement.  Wink

And thread drift is fantastic - you can learn alot about people from their meandering trains of thought.  Grin

IP Logged

Rosemary
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Reply #24 - 03/16/05 at 14:16:19

Like the fact that I make a lot of left turns across mental traffic! Or something like that... Cheesy

I'm still debating Monday night. Have now potentially turned it into a roadtrip with a friend (Mr. Gorgeous Shocked)and so have dropped back into coy Southern female mode and am letting him make the call. What has become of me? I feel like I'm in Jr. High. Think I'll go listen to Zep 4 and get my game back on. Or maybe I finally DO have my game on. Surrender, yeah, that's it. Undecided

IP Logged

hayley
Funny Way To Win (500+)

North East England
Reply #25 - 03/16/05 at 15:06:17

Well if you do go give Mr Plant a whoop from me.   Anything you give Mr Gorgeous should be from you and you alone. Wink

IP Logged

Rosemary
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Reply #26 - 03/17/05 at 04:39:24

Not sure how magnanimous I'm feeling at the mo, but it is Spring and the sap is rising. If they play Black Dog, it could be all over... Wink

IP Logged

Pete
A Grimace Not A Smile (100+)

I love the Dels!

Reply #27 - 03/21/05 at 03:47:36

Its four in the morning, the end of December,&&I’m writing you now just to see if you’re better...&&

IP Logged

hayley
Funny Way To Win (500+)

North East England
Reply #28 - 03/21/05 at 03:50:12

Cheers Pete.  I kind of knew about it but without a link would probably have forgotten until it was no longer there. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

hayley
Funny Way To Win (500+)

North East England
Reply #29 - 04/08/05 at 08:35:27

Hey Rosie - I've heard a track from Mr Plant's new album and it's not bad.  Seems he's hung on to the band from the last album which is no bad thing at all. Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
(Moderator: webmaster)