Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome to the Official Del Amitri Bulletin Board!

Please register and email the webmaster with any questions!

Pages: 1 2 
Where are they? (Read 16573 times)
l0new0lf13
Empty

This side of the morning
I couldn't care less

Scotland
Where are they?
04/09/03 at 16:32:05

Does anyone know what the band are up to at the minute? Do they still have a record deal? Are they recording a new album? Or are they just busy getiing pissed and enjoying themselfs?

IP Logged

Glesga Boy
Ex Member

It's good to be back

Re: Where are they?
Reply #1 - 04/09/03 at 20:46:36

They have no record deal. They are however rumoured to be in and out the studio writing and recording, possibly going it alone. And they most definitely are gettin pissed and by the looks of Justin last week they're enjoyin themselves.

Scott

IP Logged

l0new0lf13
Empty

This side of the morning
I couldn't care less

Scotland
Reply #2 - 04/23/03 at 16:02:58

as the boys would say.............cheers.

IP Logged

12stringbassist
Empty

at the DEEP end....

Bolton UK
Reply #3 - 05/21/03 at 09:02:11

Hi,

I know that their last record company lost most of its acts when Mercury swallowed it, but isn't it bizarre that one of Britain's best bands doesn't have  a deal?

Aren't their management on the case to rectify this situation?

Any news to this end would be really good!

Time to tour, lads........
IP Logged

webmaster
Board Administrator

Who is Del?

Reply #4 - 05/21/03 at 09:18:07

I don't know that they've decided yet what they want to do with themselves, which may be why we've not heard anything.

Also, I think that the lack of a "deal" is understandable, since record companies tend to like to sign bands who sell stuff, and the Dels aren't as popular as, say, Robbie Williams. Smiley

Otherwise known as Alison
IP Logged

Glesga Boy
Ex Member

It's good to be back

Reply #5 - 05/21/03 at 15:30:55

But Robbie Williams costs £80m to sign, Dels don't. Plus, I guarantee more would be sold if the record companies bothered to do a bit of publicising for the band. Apart from the occasional (not any more) appearance on VH1 the only things I ever saw was one advert for Roll To Me and them performing Here And Now on TOTP, after it had sold enouh to reach No 17 or something. And they have in the past sold good numbers of albums, these buyers haven't just died or disappeared, they probably just don't keep up to date with the band like us on the web and therefore don't even know that new releases are out. Also, if the record labels are looking to sell singles, it would be a good idea to release the singles a while before the albums and not after, especially as Del Amitri are an album based band, not singles chart players. But I'm sure a competent label will come along at some point.

Scott

IP Logged

cédric

Reply #6 - 10/17/03 at 17:07:42

Hi there...
the post dates from long I hope It will be read...
I am French and now D.A. since a few years, I won on a radio station the "change everything album"...first it sounded good but no more.
I am musician now and among all covers we play in my band del's songs are the only ones people never heard before and they often come to us to ask who wrote this song......it means a lot !!
This is my opinion : what a waste...it's a great great mistake that D.A. are not known as they would deserve.
It is a shame most listeners do not notice the real talent these guys have....well I could write tons of pages about D.A........I love you all thank you !!! Grin
Céd

IP Logged

pm
Low Friends In High Places (250+)

Reply #7 - 10/19/03 at 15:35:08

theres tons of amazing bands who arent known the way they should be, it isnt just DA.

IP Logged

liverpool1
Not Where It's At (50+)

I love Justin!

Brisbane, Queensland, Australi
Reply #8 - 03/12/04 at 19:21:27

In Australia we have a TV station called SBS, mostly foreign shows and news. One day some heavy drama (I dont know if it was french), but this man was tragically walking along a beach to "Sleep instead of teardrops". Very moving. I also think it is ridiculous that they are unsigned, but I think the band probably like having a bit of independance, may have told the record companies to shove it.  Does anyone know when Justins birthday is, or what starsign he is? I am dying to know. Also how old is he?

roll down the window, let me hear the rain,&&Let me hear her whispering, honey, everything is OK

IP Logged

susi

I love the Dels!

Reply #9 - 03/13/04 at 05:15:27

40. But he likes to be 42. Smiley

IP Logged

Rosemary
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Reply #10 - 03/13/04 at 05:18:56

It is the perfect age, after all. Smiley

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...

IP Logged

susi

I love the Dels!

Reply #11 - 03/13/04 at 05:33:59

yes if you are a man.
a woman's perfect age is 24.  Grin

IP Logged

liverpool1
Not Where It's At (50+)

I love Justin!

Brisbane, Queensland, Australi
Reply #12 - 03/13/04 at 13:50:49

Why does he like to be 42? I ll have to call you the oracle.  I am 38, I think the ideal age for anyone is 28.  Having said that now I am looking forward to 40, if its good enough for Justin.

roll down the window, let me hear the rain,&&Let me hear her whispering, honey, everything is OK

IP Logged

Rosemary
Funny Way To Win (500+)

Reply #13 - 03/13/04 at 16:48:08

Isn't he still 39? (Not that any of it matters!)

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...

IP Logged

carol

california
Reply #14 - 03/13/04 at 23:18:09

yep. 39.

spoken words like moonlight&&you're the voice that i like

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
(Moderator: webmaster)